So do you remember the latest hit called "Uptown Funk" (stylized as "UpTown Funk!").The song was recorded by British producer Mark Ronson with vocals from American recording artist Bruno Mars, For Ronson's fourth studio album, Uptown Special (2015). The single was a commercial success, spending fourteen consecutive weeks at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100, seven weeks at number one on the UK Singles Chart, and topped the charts in several other countries including Australia, Canada, France, Ireland and New Zealand.In the week of 25 January 2015, the song was streamed a record 2.34 million times in a single week in the UK,.The song also won 13 awards :
- -BET Award for Best Collaboration
- BET Centric Award
- MTV Video Music Award For Video of the Year
- MTV Video Music Award For Best Male Video
- MTV Video Music Award For Best Pop Video
- Teen Choice Award For Choice Collaboration
- MTV Video Music Award For Best Collaboration
- Brit Award For British Video
- MTV Video Music Award For Best Direction
- Billboard Music Award For Top Digital Song
- NME Award For Dancefloor Anthem
- Teen Choice Award For Choice Party Song
- Teen Choice Award For Choice Single: Male Artist
We’ve heard a lot of “Uptown Funk” renditions, from The Band Perry to Fall Out Boy to “He Who Must Not Be Named.” But this video of 280 movies cut together might be the coolest one yet.
One crafty YouTuber, who goes by the name DonDraperSaysWhat, spent three months carefully piecing together this video. Clicking on the closed captions will provide the names of all the movies he used under their respective scenes.
It was well worth the effort, particularly his use of Robert Downey Jr.’s “hot damn” from Tropic Thunder, Patrick Renna’s “come on” from The Sandlot, and Jack Nicholson talking about Michelle Pfeiffer in The Bucket List. There are also Napoleon Dynamite- and Back to the Future-infused dance breaks, which are rather enjoyable themselves.
Watch the four-and-a-half-minute video below:
So what you think about the video ?
Sources: Wikipedia , Entertainment Weekly etc.