Jennifer Aniston is a hugely popular public figure within the Moviepilot community, but even hardcore fans of the lovable comic actress probably won't know all of the 16 facts about her life and career below!
16. When she was 11, a painting by Jennifer Aniston was displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Jennifer developed her passion for art at the Rudolf Steiner School, and when when she was just 11, her hard work paid off when a painting she had done was displayed in one of the most prestigious art galleries in the country.
15. She once campaigned to have the UK soap EastEnders reinstated on American TV
In 2003, Jennifer Aniston and her then husband, Brad Pitt, revealed they were big fans of the London based British soap EastEnders when they joined 40,000 other signatures campaigning to bring it back to BBC America. Other US celebrity supporters included Madonna, Cher and Liza Minnelli.
14. She met her ex-husband, Brad Pitt, on a blind date
Brad and Jen reportedly met back in 1998 after both their agents set them up on a blind date.
13. Jennifer used to be a bike messenger in Manhattan in 1988
Jen also worked as a telemarketer and a waitress before making it as an actress.
12. Jennifer Aniston shares a speaking voice with Melanie Griffith and Sheryl Lee in France!
Jen's French dubbing voice, Dorothée Jemma, also provides the voices for Griffith and Lee.
11. Jennifer Aniston was considered for the role of Rose Dewitt Bukater in James Cameron's Titanic
She wasn't the only actress in the running before Kate Winslet nabbed the role though; other people considered include *deep breath* Drew Barrymore, Christina Applegate, Jennifer Connelly, Claire Danes, Geena Davis, Minnie Driver, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Emily Mortimer, Jeri Ryan, Winona Ryder, Tori Spelling, Nicollette Sheridan, Uma Thurman, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Eliza Dushku, Gabrielle Anwar, Rosanna Arquette, Rose Byrne, Gabrielle Carteris, Marguerite Chapman, Amanda Donohoe, Claire Forlani and Madonna!
10. She was schoolmates with Cher's transgender son, Chaz Bono
9. While she was at school, Jennifer Aniston thought she was stupid, but she was later diagnosed as dyslexic
Jennifer Aniston was diagnosed with dyslexia in her early 20s which she described as "life-changing," the iconic actress explained:
"I thought I wasn't smart. I just couldn't retain anything. Now I had this great discovery. I felt like all of my childhood trauma-dies, tragedies, dramas were explained."
You can read more about Jen's inspirational story about coping with dyslexia HERE.
8. Chris McMillan, who managed the Friends' star's hair for more than a decade, admitted he was stoned when he cut Jennifer Aniston's into the iconic "Rachel" haircut
While the general public might have gone wild for the "Rachel," Jennifer Aniston wasn't as impressed with the look:
"Let's say there have been moments I'd rather not re-live, like that whole Rachel thing. I love Chris, and he's the bane of my existence at the same time because he started that damn Rachel, which was not my best look. How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I've ever seen."
7. Jen considered giving up acting after completing her first horror film, Leprechaun
Thankfully, she changed her mind!
6. Jen became estranged from her own mother, who published an unflattering memoir about her in 1999
When Aniston's mother published From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir, Jennifer was so furious about the betrayal that she refused to invite her mother to her wedding to Brad Pitt.
Although the pair are "all fine now," Jen admits that growing up with her mother, who is also an actress, was tough. She explained to The Hollywood Reporter that:
"She had a temper. I can't tolerate that. If I get upset, I will discuss [things]. I will never scream and get hysterical like that. [But] I was never taught that I could scream. One time, I raised my voice to my mother, and I screamed at her, and she looked at me and burst out laughing. She was laughing at me [for] screaming back. And it was like a punch in my stomach."
5. She might be known as the quintessential girl-next-door, but Jennifer Aniston also went through a darker phase...
Believe it or not, at one point in her life, Jennifer Aniston used to be a bit of a goth, she explained:
"At one point, my hair was shaved about an inch above the ear. I had the short hair and the big black outfits and the black liquid eyeliner that made me look like a vampire, with all sorts of pins sticking out of my body parts."
4. Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer had genuine “chemistry” in Friends
When the hit comedy was first conceived it was going to be Joey and Monica, not Ross and Rachel who were supposed to have the epic love storyline, but the writers changed their minds when they saw how well Aniston and Schwimmer worked together on set.
3. Jennifer Aniston was Ellen’s very first guest for the very first episode of The Ellen Show, in 2003
2. If she wasn't an actress, Jen says she would have become a therapist
Aniston has also been open about going to a therapist for years in the past, she explained to The Hollywood Reporter that:
"Her whole thing with me was really saying, 'You have to stand up for yourself in life...' She was really trying to help me deal with anger and learning how to express it without feeling terrified that I was going to get murdered in response."
1. The big white dog in Joey and Chandler’s apartment belonged to Jennifer Aniston
According to Metro, the huge Art Deco greyhound that I coveted actually belonged to Jennifer Aniston. I knew she had great taste!