Alexander Skarsgård's birthday is fast approaching on 25th August, meaning that his birth month has begun! It's essential that we pay tribute to the man who has captured our hearts (not just by glamouring us) since we first laid our eyes on him!
To celebrate, I've compiled a test: if you find that you are suffering from any of the following symptoms you might have an early case of SkarsFever, but if everything on this list sums you up then welcome to the club...
1. You feel the funk.
Don't lie. You know you do.
2. You celebrate the birthdays of every Skarsgård family member that you know of!
Skarsgård Family Birthdays:
- Stellan John - June 13, 1951
- My Sonja Marie Agnes-July 3, 1956
- Alexander Johan Hjalmar- August 25, 1976
- Gustaf Caspar Orm- November 12, 1980
- Samuel Kristoffer Ymer- June 5,1982
- Bill Istvan Günther- August 9, 1990
- Eija- February 27, 1992
- Valter- October 25, 1995
- Ossian- April 26, 2006
- Kolbjörn- August 24, 2012
- Megan- March 3, 1976
Yes, his brothers are Floki and Roman Godfrey!
3. You are forever wishing Alex can someday be a part of the MCU like his father
Just so you wouldn't feel like a traitor when you stan other actors.
4. You no longer base your standards on Disney Princes
It becomes him-- our next Tarzan.
5. You find this cute and endearing
"You’re the cutest!” Skarsgård says, cradling it in his strong arms. Looking her square in the eye, he whispers, “But I just had lamb stew last night."
—Alexander Skarsgard talking to a baby lamb - Bullett Magazine
6. You subconsciously abide by this statement
Well, do you?
7. You (kinda) believe this remark...
We've even coined the term Swedish God incarnate for the man!
8. When your friends talk about height, you automatically (yet unknowingly) remark how tall the Skarsgårds are.
I do this so often that it has begun to somewhat piss off my friends!
9. You say you find his 'long-haired Eric' look fabulous... even though you know it's unflattering!
You know it didn't frame his features well..
10. You (probably) initially hated him on True Blood, but when he said this:
You know your opinion changed.
11. You watch EVERY movie he has been in... no matter how good or bad...
You probably just watched Battleship and The Giver for him.. or maybe Rihanna and Taylor too.
12. You go to Coachella to try and find him
...or peruse his Coachella pics each year
And you were somewhat disappointed that he didn't make it to Coachella 2015.
13. You know that he does justice to each role he portrays
14. When you realized that he was Meekus in Zoolander, you re-watched the film
...can he at least get a cameo on Zoolander 2? Even just as himself, and not Meekus. He has changed so much since the first film, right?!
15. After so many months of infrequent news updates and only fan sightings during his filming in London, you rejoiced when you saw his hotness make a return at Sundance.
We smiled like that!
16. You find him attractive even as a woman, and if he were a woman--you'd still be swooning over him.
17. You donate to the charities he supports/you rooted for him during his trek to the South Pole last year.
"Three teams—Soldier On (Australia and Canada), Soldiers to Summit (United States of America) and Walking With the Wounded (United Kingdom), which was led by Prince Harry—took part in the charity trek to the South Pole which was completed on Dec 13." - Eonline
18. You now support Hammarby!
Gotta love his dedication to his favorite team!
19. He might as well join a band...
Talent truly runs in the family! Remember Stellan in Mamma Mia?
Aside from googling him everyday, being happy and sad at the same time when he and Kate Bosworth broke up... and being happy again when Alex and Alexa Chung are seemingly going steady... One thing is for sure when you're a true Skarsgårdian...
20. Seeing him smile makes your day!
His smile just makes your day, just as bright as his fangs and molars.
Let's wish the man and his birthmonth brothers many, many happy returns of the day!
Like... a thousand!