As the premiere of American Horror Story: Hotel inches closer, plot details, teasers, and posters are going to be surfacing. Here are the two creepy official promo posters for season 5.
A slew of interesting characters will be checking in to the all too mysterious "Hotel Cortez". The show's co-creator Brad Falchuk explained "the new season will be more like Season 1. "Hotel" as more "noir-y" and he said the horror will be "dripping out of" the hotel. Ryan Murphy hints that this season was inspired by the mysterious death of Elisa Lam, the woman who disappeared in an elevator at the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles. Murphy also teased "you can look forward to seeing some familiar faces from previous installments checking into the Hotel Cortez around Episode 6 or 7". Along with these juicy details, the actors got to dish on who they will be playing this time around at the TCA Panel!
Lady Gaga plays Elizabeth, the owner of the hotel. Ryan Murphy described her as "a very wealthy social doyenne who is consumed with art and fashion and people." Elizabeth also has a nefarious plan that unravels over the course of the season. Don't expect any musical moments from Gaga this season, though.
Sarah Paulson is Hypodermic Sally, who lives at the hotel and hates Kathy Bates' Iris. The actress described Sally as "a nasty gal" who is "quite dark." "She's sexy, she’s a drug addict," Paulson said at the panel. "Not that drug addicts are sexy, but she’s sexy." Sally also has a "budding something" with Wes Bentley's character.
Evan Peters will play Mr. March, and will be "evil" along with Paulson, Bates, Bassett and Bomer's characters.
- Kathy Bates is Iris, who she described as "very, very sexy." Iris runs the hotel and has a relationship with Matt Bomer and Wes Bentley's characters, and I can't stand you [Sarah Paulson].
Denis O'Hare plays a character named Elizabeth Taylor, who the actor described as "a person inspired by the awesomeness" of Taylor's movies, such as "Cleopatra" and "Butterfield 8." In the show, Liz Taylor works at the hotel bar, the Blue Parrot Lounge, with Iris.
- Matt Bomer is Donovan who has a "very interesting" relationship with Gaga's character.
- Chloe Sevigny and Wes Bentley play Alex and John Lowe. The married couple are "dealing with a great loss we had in our family and coming to grips with that," Sevigny explained. Alex is a doctor, and John is a detective investigating a series of grisly murders that seem to relate back to the hotel.
Finn Wittrock plays Tristan Duffy, a male model who is "always looking for the next high and finds the biggest high in Lady Gaga." Wittrock said Gaga's Elizabeth "sees all of him"
Cheyenne Jackson plays Will Drake, a fashion icon who has moved from New York to Los Angeles.
- Angela Bassett plays Ramona Royale. "I'm sexy. I have a very strong and lasting relationship with [Lady Gaga's] character, so I'm sure I'll be at odds with that man [Tristan Duffy] over who gets the girl. I'm a fabulous actress and visit the hotel often."
Lily Rabe will portray Aileen Wuornos, an American serial killer who murdered 7 men between 1989 and 1990.
- Naomi Campbell will guest star as a fashion editor who will face off with Gaga's character
Darren Criss will reportedly appear on "Hotel" for a Halloween episode as Justin, a Silver Lake hipster, according to E! Online. Criss' character will apparently have some drama with Bates' Iris after he has too many room service demands.
Be sure to check out the premiere of American Horror Story: Hotel on October 7th at 10pm EST.