Okay guys just for clarification. I love both of them and I'm not going to put a bet on any of these two. This post will only show their characteristics, abilities and its up to you to decide whose side are you on.
Lets go to Thor first.
From a well known Norse mythology character and the Asgardian God of Thunder, Thor. Son of Odin and Frigga. Most of the time he goes alongside the Avengers to protect the earth and universe against dark forces, one of them was his adopted brother Loki. Odin sent Thor to earth and have the hammer surrendered to him to learn humility. (Based on the comics) On earth, he became Donald Blake, a medical student with an injured leg, and fell in love with a mortal Jane Foster.
Powers & Abilities:
- Mjolnir - durable and invulnerable hammer combined with the magical spells placed by Odin. Grants its WORTHY user the various powers e.g. manipulation of forces of the universe, weather manipulation, passageways through space and time, as a weapon it can destroy a Celestial armor and destructive enough to shatter a mountain, flight, can sense evil energy, attack redirecting force, resurrection, it can use Alpha Particles to pulverize any weapon, it can take a mystical energy from a being and defeat them (like Juggernaut), cosmic energy, manipulation of a electromagnetic force, God Blast, Anti Force, Thermo Blast, capable of creating force fields or barriers, ability to turn anyone as invisible & invulnerable, able to detect a certain illusion, it can understand any language, identity transformation, can be used to send messages to the 9 realms, it can destroy the undead (vampires). But even it looks too powerful, it can also be destroyed. Notable characters we're able to do it: Bor, Perrikus, Molecule Man, Destroyer.
- Asgardian Hybrid (meaning the fact that he's a God)
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Invulnerability and high stamina
- Immortality (After being the Rune King)
- Superhuman senses
- Earth Control
- Super Breath (can create hurricanes)
- Lighting (of course)
- Energy manipulation
- Anybody who hears him can understand him in their language
- Brain Washing
- Strong Will
- Intelligence and a great tactician
- Skilled warrior
- Magic (esp after he became the Rune King)
- Mind resistance
- Teeth of the Jörmungandr (Midgard Serpent)
- Warrior's Madness (Sin Unpardonable and only a bitter sacrifice will help you redeem yourself)
- Being unworthy of Mjolnir (w/c removes almost if not maybe half of his powers)
- The previous weakness can also happen if Superman will take the hammer away from him. There are some instances that Superman is becoming worthy of the said hammer. But I'm not sure if this will happen if he will be Rune King.
Now lets go to Superman:
Also called the Man of Steel, Kal-El is the son of Jor-El and Lara from the planet Krypton. He was sent to earth when he was a baby to escape the destruction of his planet. Adopted by Jonathan and Martha Kent and raised him as Clark Kent. Working as a reporter at the Daily Planet in Metropolis and fell in love with his co-worker Lois Lane. Fighting the evil forces alongside the Justice League of America and his legacy continued with the presence of Superboy and Supergirl.
Powers & Abilities:
- Kryptonian Hybrid
- Superhuman Strength (average 200 quintillion tons with one arm)
- Solar Energy Absorption (enables him to recharge his strength)
- Superhuman Hearing
- Heat Vision
- X-ray Vision
- Infrared Vision
- Microscopic Vision
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Stamina
- Solar Overcharge (ability to obtain a God form due to sun exposure e.g. Superman Prime)
- some comic stories portray him as a skilled combatant and tactician (from a training he got from Wildcat and Mongul)
- Ventriloquism (creating a dummy when manipulating his voice coming from somewhere)
- Mental powers ; Telepathy
- acrobatics (1930's - 1950's well we can consider this still)
- Solar-Flare (New 52)
- And he can brain wash someone he'll kiss (it'll be awkward to use against Thor)
- Kryptonite (But after getting his God features he became immune to this)
- Red Sun
- Magic (those that can disturb his force field)
Now it is up to you guys on whose side you'll be. You can base it on what's above or add something in the comments that I missed. Don't get me wrong, I like these two characters and this post is just for fun.
Here's an awesome fan-made trailer made for Superman vs Thor: