In 2013, the DC Extended (Cinematic) Universe sprang in to existence with the summer blockbuster Man of Steel from director Zack Snyder, a film financially successful but was met with mixed reactions from critics and fans. Back in late 2014, Warner Bros. Pictures revealed their slate of films between 2016 and 2020, in this slate were 10 upcoming DC movies. This article will look at the upcoming films, main cast members and directors of the DC Extended Universe thus far.
We will see the much anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on the 25th March 2016, this will be followed in the same year by Suicide Squad on the 5th August. Next we will see Wonder Woman hit theatres on the 23rd June 2017 which will then be followed by Justice League Part One on the 17th November 2017. In 2018 we will see The Flash on the 23rd March which will be followed by Aquaman on the 27th July. 2019 will present us Shazam! on the 5th of April and then a sequel to 2017's Justice League movie on the 14th June. Finally, In 2020, will show us Cyborg, released on the 3rd April and The Green Lantern Corps, released on the 19th June. These are only the confirmed movies, we are yet to see a direct sequel to Man of Steel and a standalone Batman movie, the latter of which has been rumoured for a 2018 release date with Ben Affleck co-writing and directing. It was revealed that New Line Cinema will be distributing all movies based on Vertigo Comics, it was recently revealed that a 100 Bullets adaptation is in the works as well as Justice League Dark (which Guillermo Del Toro left in June 2015) and an adaptation of Sandman too with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- Henry Cavill - Clark Kent/Superman
- Ben Affleck - Bruce Wayne/ Batman
- Gal Gadot - Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman
- Jason Momoa - Arthur Curry/ Aquaman
- Ezra Miller - Barry Allen/ The Flash
- Ray Fisher - Victor Stone/ Cyborg
The Green Lantern(s) are yet to be cast as well as Shazam.
- Michael Shannon - General Zod (rumoured to make a return in Batman v Superman)
- Jesse Eisenberg - Lex Luthor
- Jared Leto - The Joker
- Margot Robbie - Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
- Will Smith - Floyd Lawton/ Deadshot
- Cara Delevingne - June Moon/ Enchantress
- Jai Courtney - George Harkness/ Boomerang
- Jay Hernandez - Chato Santana/ El Diablo
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Waylon Jones/ Killer Croc
- Adam Beach - Christopher Weiss/ Slipknot
- Dwayne Johnson - Black Adam
Additional Cast Members:
- Jeremy Irons - Alfred Pennyworth
- Diane Lane - Martha Kent
- Amy Adams - Lois Lane
- Laurence Fishburne - Perry White
- Karen Fukuhara - Katana
- Joel Kinnaman - Rick Flag
- Viola Davis - Amanda Waller
Not all the directors have been revealed so I'll just run through the confirmed ones. Zack Snyder who brought us Man of Steel, will be helming Batman v Superman and both Justice League Movies. Fury and End of Watch director and writer David Ayer will be directing Suicide Squad . Patty Jenkins, director of 2003's Academy Award Winning drama Monster will be directing Wonder Woman. Insidious and The Conjuring director James Wan will be helming Aquaman. It was also revealed that The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street directors would be writing the Flash Movie and as mentioned before Ben Affleck may direct a solo Batman Movie.
Thanks a lot for reading, this is my first ever article on this site and I hope you have enjoyed it. Sorry if I may have missed anything out, if I have, correct me in the comment section.