On the 21st of August, 15 years ago, little did we know that we were about to embark on one of the most seminal movie journeys of our time. Yes folks, it has been FIFTEEN years since the Harry Potter casting was announced; a decade and a half since we first clapped our eyes on Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, the three wet-behind-the-ears child actors who were soon to become internationally renowned superstars!
Remember the first time we met Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley? When they were but cute little mites en route to Hogwarts?
Funnily, the answers they gave at their first press call all that time ago have kind of foreshadowed the characters they've grown up to be...
The franchise came to a conclusion with the second part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 4 years ago in 2011, and the stars have remained in the public eye since. Emma has gone on to be an inspirational spokeswoman as Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women and will soon play Belle in the upcoming adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.
Other than proving he can spit some pretty sweet bars, Daniel Radcliffe has starred in many movies since his Harry Potter days, including playing the beat poet Allen Ginsberg in 2013's Kill Your Darlings. While Rupert Grint fulfilled a childhood dream and bought his own ice cream truck last year, he most recently starred in Moonwalkers. Oh, and today is his 27th birthday - happy birthday, dude!
Oh, how they've grown! Doesn't it make you feel all old and emotional? Yeah, us too. Let's take a look at how they've evolved since the first premiere way back in 2001...
1. All fresh, wide eyed and bushy tailed at the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone premiere in 2001
2. The boys discovered hair gel in 2002 for the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets premiere
3. Hanging out with J.K. Rowling at the premiere of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in 2004
4. The trio synchronized in tones of blue for the Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire premiere in 2005
5. Cute and casual at the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix premiere in 2007
6. Daniel Radcliffe experimented with jacket fastenings for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince premiere in 2009
7. Going gothic in 2010 for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
8. Elegant ensembles for the final film franchise premiere, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 in 2011
We can't believe it's been so long!