I decided to write this little piece because most of the damn fan casts on here involve the dudes from Supernatural or Nathan Fillion!
So here's a brief little introduction to Shazam.
"Captain Marvel, also known as Shazam, is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. The character was created in 1939 by artist C. C. Beck and writer Bill Parker, and it first appeared in Whiz Comics #2 (February 1940), published by Fawcett Comics. Captain Marvel is the alter ego of Billy Batson, a boy who, by speaking the magic word "Shazam", can transform himself into a costumed adult with the powers of superhuman strength, speed, flight, and other abilities."
Therefore I feel we need an actor who looks like a man... essentially a "super man" if you will, someone who can look akin to Henry Cavill yet still be his own guy so here are my top picks in no particular order.
1. Eion Bailey - the guy looks the part and if he were to bulk up like Henry Cavill did we would have ourselves a convincing Shazam (actors needing to beef up will be a recurring theme here!) he could easily play a kid in a superhero's body.
2. Colin O'Donoghue - Now before you go on about ' nuhh they're both from once upon a time you girl nuuuuh ' think about it guys. That show is all about adults playing beloved children's fairy tale characters. Its all about them being exciting and whimsical much like Oh hmmm I dunno Shazam?! The dude looks the part and, again, beef him up and he would be convincing as hell
3. Aaron Paul - depending on what tone the Shazam movie is I feel Aaron would suit a more darker movie. I dont need to tell anyone the dude is talented. It wasn't that long ago he was tue coolest guy ever on our TV screens. We tuned in to hear him say one word! Everyone just clear your minds for a bit and think about this.. "Shazam Bitch!"
4. Jamie Dornan - yup..that guy. From that steaming pile of cowdung movie..Yes that guy. But to win us over he needs to get huge.... Like Henry huge, other than that I'd buy this guy as our beloved hero
And last but not least...
5. Kellan Lutz - Oh poor kellen, this dude has been in some absolutely abysmal movies. Movies that made me shameful for following his work out plan. But take a look at the guy. Hes the least amount of work physically to get into the Shazam role, and he's almost as tall (if not taller) than Henry so the two side by side would be kinda dope!
So there's my picks for Shazam....don't suppose everyone agrees with entirely! But please sound off in the comments below and let me know what you think!