Anyone who read the Harry Potter books has dreamt of attending Hogwarts. Compared to our boring Muggle schools, learning spells, charms, and even taking History of Magic seemed like a breeze. No wonder Hermione did so well in school.
Well, it's time to see if all you Potterheads out there have been paying attention to your studies. Have your quills and parchment at the ready, and be assured that an Anti-Cheating spell has been placed on your computer. It's time to take the written portion of your O.W.L.s!
1. What is the counterspell to Quietus?
2. If someone has a relatively minor injury, what spell would you cast to heal them?
3. What charm/spell will produce a high-pitched scream when an intruder enters the charm’s perimeter?
4. If you cast the Portus spell, what effect are you looking to achieve?
5. Which spell allows the caster to go into the mind, memories, thoughts, and emotions of the victim?
6. What is the translation of the ancient magical rune “Ehwaz”?
7. What ingredients go into a love potion antidote?
8. What is not one of the ingredients in a Polyjuice potion?
9. If you want someone to spontaneously burst into song, what spell would you cast on them?
10. What mixture can be applied to a werewolf bite to keep the victim from dying and allow them to live on as a werewolf themself?
11. Which hex would cause your victim’s teeth to grow at a rapid pace?
12. Which potion can be described as having a pearly sheen, spiraling steam, and multiple scents that are different for every person who smells it?
13. How would you reverse a concealing charm?
14. What spell would you use to produce green sparks from the end of your wand?
15. Which of these ingredients would you find in the draught of the Living Death?
How did you do? Are you more of a Hermione Granger or a Vincent Crabbe? Here is what your O.W.L. score would be based on how many answers you got right:
Exceeds Expectations 11-13
Even if you didn't do well in your written section, don't worry about it! Unfortunately the Internet is not the optimum place for grading you on your practical sections. Since we can't really do that...
These were just your Ordinary Wizarding Levels! Keep studying and you might get a score like Hermione's for your N.E.W.T.s.