As we all know, Zack Snyder's announcement of [Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice](tag:711870), and his announcement of the evolution of DC movies, which involves Aquaman, the Flash, and Wonder Woman's own solo movies! Finally, after so long, we get to see Wonder Woman in action. Though if her movie is set to be out in 2017, we have a long way to go before we see the legend in action. Plenty of time to sit back in your chair, eat a cookie, and come discuss what we might see.
As we all no or if you don't Wonder Woman was created by the American psychologist and writer William Moulton Marston. The character first appeared in All Star Comics #8 in December 1941 and first cover-dated on Sensation Comics #1, January 1942. She started off as a clay figure, bought to life by the gods, not surprising, since she was born on Paradise Island, a place that is separated from men(noticed I said "men" not "man") as they are despised by the warrior feminist race, the Amazons. So what? You'd expect them to put aside there differences and make love? Why do that when you can have Zues make your child out of clay? But due to her New 52 origins, she was rebooted to be the daughter of Zeus and her mother,Hippolyta.
Ever since then, she has been the peacekeeper, and one of the greatest, and strongest of the DC heroes since. So what can we expect from the movie of one of America's greatest Heroines? What's the plot of the story, whats the conflict? Could it be based off the lore around her? I mean is that, Can we expect the movie to be around Greek Mythology. Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, etc. are a big concept that made her who she is today. So it wouldn't be surprising to see the conflict to be about the fight within her home. Can we expect not her going out as a superhero, but going out, and proving herself against her own fellow Amazons? Think of this: a man washes on the shores of Paradise Island, and Diana has to fight against and betray her own morale to lead him to safety. Or maybe she fights against a conspiracy against her own Amazons that was made by a fallen one. Well it's obvious we might learn some lore surrounding her movie and expand on what makes her so unique and expand on the supernatural world of DC. Think About the plot. No matter what plots it could be, it will introduce old friends and enemies, which will lead me into the next topic.
Character: Who will we might see in the Wonder Woman Movie? How about some of these characters..
- Steve Trevor: Steve Trevor has been a big part of Wonder Woman's history. " A man washes ashore on the island of paradise, causing Diana Prince to betray her family morale to save him form the fate of the Amazons. As you all know, Steve was always dying to follow, in his mother's footsteps, as a test pilot for the Air Force. Well his dreams came true! One mission had him test pilot the fighter jet, the Phantom. During the course of flight, Trevor was attacked by a minion of Ares and crash-landed onto Themyscira, where he met Princess Diana who would later become known as Wonder Woman. Gravely injured, he was taken in by the Amazons' princess, Diana, and her best friend Mala. Diana was immediately taken by the man's presence, and thanks to the advanced technology on Paradise Island, the doctors were able to heal Steve Trevor. The Amazons' Queen, Hippolyta, held a contest for the Amazons to decide who would deliver Steve Trevor back to the United States. Unbeknownst to Hippolyta, the winner was her own daughter, Diana, who as the winner became Wonder Woman. He is it! One of the main things that made Wonder Woman. But let's go back to Ares. Steve Trevor was attacked by a minion of Ares?!
- Ares: Not only did a minion of his caused Steve Trevor to land on paradise Island, but he has always been the enemy of Wonder Woman. Ares the god of war vs the Hero of peace... not surprising. Ares is very evil indeed, not only cause of his obvious outfit but because, every war that happened in World history, was because of him. Remember every war that you can remember. That dickhead was responsible. He's nothing but trouble, ad we all want wonder woman to knock him to the ground just once. But you can suspect that from the god who may have created the amazons. Often he is also considered the direct or indirect reason for both the Amazon's existence and later isolation on Paradise Island. Chiefly as they were created to combat his influence in the world of men and later it is his influence that spurs Heracles (or Hercules) to attempt and succeeding in enslaving the Amazons. So it's not a shock that he has more relations to them then anyone thinks.
- Dr. Psycho: Doctor Psycho is a murderous psychopath with an intense hatred of women. He is a telepathic super-villain with mind control powers who acts as an enemy to Wonder Woman. His insane motives are violently sadistic and even misogynist.He as been a long enemy of Wonder Woman since 1987. He has been presented as a powerful telepath. Despite these changes to his abilities, Doctor Psycho has retained several key features: a misogynistic hatred of women; a mental instability (ranging from obsessiveness to full-blown insanity); and a diminutive stature. So it would be a bast to see him fighting against the Amazons, and Wonder Woman herself, somehow.
- Cheetah(Rich): Cheetah is a common enemy of Wonder Woman and has always been a challenge. The original Cheetah, Priscilla Rich, she was born into a family of wealth and prosperity. Despite her role as leader of the Junior League Committee, Priscilla was an insecure and reserved young woman suffering from an inferiority complex. She and Wonder Woman met during a fundraiser for women and children in Europe. Wonder Woman appeared as a guest of honor, while Priscilla Rich was given the duty to introduce Wonder Woman, but the crowd dismissed her, clamoring for the Amazon to appear immediately. After performing a few stunts, Wonder Woman had Priscilla tie her up with chains that she and the Junior League Committee collected from prisons all over the world. Blindfolded, Wonder Woman had no idea Priscilla also used her Magic Lasso along with the chains. Wonder Woman was placed into a tank of water, and after a struggle, was able to remove her lasso and the chains. Priscilla expressed her concern for Wonder Woman, but the heroine couldn't help but feel suspicious over her. This was the beginning of a long rivalry. With her split personalites, she can be a worthy enemy of Wonder Woman or at least be a punching bag.
- Cheetah (Minerva): She was just an average chick until she was turned into a hot pussycat by a cursed dagger. Now she's an enemy to Wonder Woman. Barbara Ann Minerva is the most common known enemy to Wonder Woman and the longest. She was just an average archaeologist, that was searching an Urzkartaga temple in Africa with her expedition. They searched for two months before finding it. A witch doctor was leading them, but little did they know they weren't led to a city, but into a trap. Minerva managed to escape with one of her team members. Together, they snuck into the city and saw the captured team members sacrificed. Minerva was only interested in relics and felt nothing for the people of her team. The tribe was trying to reawaken the Cheetah, but the chosen one was shot by a group of men who wanted to destroy the Cult of Vine. When Chuma was facing imminent death, Minerva saved his life, but they were trapped inside the Urzkartaga temple. She was told the story of the Cheetah and the plant god Urzkartaga. Hearing it, she wanted the long life the Urzkartaga offered his bride. The teammate who managed to escape with Minerva the first time was still alive and used explosives to help Barbara out of the temple. She took the opportunity to slay him, thus making him a needed sacrifice to the plant god. Chuma prepared the ritual and she was transformed into Cheetah.
It turned out that the bride of Urzkartaga needed to be a virgin, and Barbara was not. Now she was weak when she was human and strong only when she was Cheetah, and the only thing that could sustain her was flesh. She needed to turn into Cheetah on every full moon by putting on the cheetah skin and drinking the potion and was in pain between the moons. She used this power to become a murderer and a thief which got her crossing paths with Wonder Woman. So you can see how evil she is and how much of a threat she can be.
Astarte: Astarte was an Amazon woman who was kidnapped and driven insane by an alien race called The Citizenry. Astarte would become their leader and supervised scientific endeavors into radical gene modification that were used on themselves to become super-human warriors. Of course she would have to cross paths with Wonder Woman. But I highly doubt this one, since it involves space and intergalactic stuff, which isn't about Wonder Woman. Of course somehow she can be altered to be a rogue amazon, that faces off against Wonder Woman.
Well what do you guys think? What villains, would you like to see in the Wonder Woman movie? How do you think the Wonder Woman movie is going to turn out? Will it be dark and gritty, or bright, warm, and fuzzy( with a side of corniness)?Wonder Woman is out in June 23, 2017, a year after Batman v Superman, which will be out in August 5, 2016.