1. Anthony Perkins' wife died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. He played Norman Bates in Psycho.
2. Jason in Friday the 13th was supposed to be name Josh.
3. Tony Todd put real bees in his mouth for Candyman
4. Final Destination was based on an idea for The X-Files that was never made.
5. Ben Tramer, Laurie Strode's crush in Halloween is named after John Carpenter's classmate.
6. The Exorcist is Warner Bros highest grossing film (when taking inflation into account)
7. Psycho had the first on-screen toilet flush
8. That is Tim Curry's real hair in It.
9. Jack Nicholson wanted Jessica Lange to play Wendy in The Shining
10. Molly Ringwald was offered the lead in Scream
11. Robert DeNiro was considered for the role of Jack in The Shining but Stanley Kubrick said he wasn't creepy enough after watching Taxi Driver. Robin Williams was also considered for the role but Kubrick said he was too creepy after watching Mork and Mindy.
12. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was shot in chronological order
13. In real life Sissy Spacek was voted homecoming queen.
14. The first studio to show interest in A Nightmare on Elm Street was Disney but they wanted Wes Craven to tone it down and for kids and pre-teens. Luckily for us, he refused.
15. The original title for Halloween was The Babysitter Murders
16. The original title for Scream was Scary Movie, which later became the title for the parody of Scream
17. Jason was originally supposed to be a normal looking boy until special/effects artist and professional bad ass, Tom Savini came up with the deformed look.
18. In the first A Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Krueger had only 17 minutes screeb time.
19. Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing were both offered the role of Samuel Loomis in Halloween but both refused. Christopher Lee said it was the worst mistake of his career.
20. Real local gang members were used in Candyman