As the months have gone by and DICE have slowly unveiled Star Wars: Battlefront to us all, one thing has become increasingly clear: it's not perfect. This isn't the modern Battlefront sequel we've all been dreaming of and there are various gameplay aspects that we've heard of and played, that have disappointed us. Strangely though...we're still pretty hyped.
We've outlined so many gameplay aspects of Battlefront that we really loved! Sadly there are an equal degree of frustrating sections in this reboot. Therefore, in order to mentally prepare ourselves for the downfalls of DICE's Star Wars: Battlefront, we thought we'd take a look at everything that we're worried about for this game's release date.
Star Wars: Battlefront & its Gameplay Disappointments!
Understand that my time with Star Wars: Battlefront has been mixed. I engaged with a small map against AI clone-troopers on Jakku and I fought with 40 other people on Hoth. Both experiences were enjoyable, but a disappointing distraction was never too far away.
We've all pined over the removal of space battles. Thankfully though, with their most recent trailer, DICE unveiled the fighter squadron mode. At least we'll be able to engage in massive battles in the sky! Perhaps Star Wars: Battlefront 2 will bring back space battles along with many other gameplay desires.
However, the way in which it will carry out isn't exactly ideal. Here are a few ways that Star Wars: Battlefront irritated us with its gameplay choices.
- Ships are only selected from the starting menu - you can't see one on the ground and hop into it.
- The power-up system removes the excitement of discovering a weapon AT-ST or upgrade in the flesh on the battle field.
- On smaller maps, Star Wars: Battlefront didn't stand out as a great shooter.
- There are only two hero vehicles you can acquire during the battle. Rebels will have access to the X-wing and A-wing. Imperials can chose between the TIE fighter and TIE Interceptor. Very limited.
- Due to the power-up system, I felt disconnected from what made the previous Battlefront games so engaging and immersive.
This is in no way a bad game. Star Wars: Battlefront is beautiful, whether it be on PC, XBOX One, or PS4. The sound design is remarkable, the weapons are so much fun to fire and the sight of 40 players flying around Hoth is exhilarating. Perhaps our irritations with the current build of Star Wars: Battlefront will subside once we get more time with the game - they better fix the HUD and menus. They looked awful. But as it stands, these gameplay aspects hindered my complete enjoyment of the game.
But I'd love to hear your opinion on it! Have you had a chance to play [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021)? What is it about the game that frustrates you the most? Or are you simply looking forward to it regardless? Be sure to let us know what you think of this next Star Wars game in the comments below!