It's amusing to see people try and quote things and fail so badly at it. One such instance is whenever people attempt to quote Darth Vader from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back by saying "Luke, I am your father" when in actuality it's "No. I am your father".
Despite this being a known issue, people still persist to misquote movies all the time. So I'm going to now put your listening skills to the test to see if you are really paying attention and if you truly know who said what.
Lets kick this off with a line from a movie directed by my favorite director: Christopher Nolan.
1. "You're familiar with the phrase 'man's reach exceeds his grasp'? It's a lie: man's grasp exceeds his nerve."
Russel Crowe will certainly go down in history as one of the best actors of our time.
2. "What we do in life echoes in eternity."
Always coming off as crazy, Jack Nicholson is almost terrifying in almost every role.
3. "Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
No director can boast of the same amount of achievements that Steven Spielberg has.
4. "'X' never, ever marks the spot."
Probably my favorite actor, Gary Oldman is the truest character actor I've ever seen.
5. "Oh, he's just a f---ing man. You put a bullet in him, he'll go down like any other."
My wife says that Emma Stone is my celebrity crush, but this actress has the wit to match the looks.
6. "All I could think was, 'Great, now I'm a tramp! I'll have to get a lower back tattoo and pierce something not on my face.'"
David Fincher knows how to tell a dark and brooding story while adding twisted characters in the mix.
7. "Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."
Now the face of the MCU, Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark is one of the best characters brought to film.
8. "Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing..."
Harry Potter boasts a hefty 7 books and 8 movies, what character in the movies spoke the following words?
9. "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it."
Another legendary director, which character in a James Cameron-directed movie made the following statement?
10. "You let me down son! So, you find yourself some local tail, and you just completely forget what team you're playin' for?"
Brad Pitt has starred in a number of films that I would consider classic.
11. "Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boeski, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."
Don't mess with Ben Affleck. This actor/director has revived his reputation in Hollywood by acting and directing in great films.
12. "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."
Wise, he is. In our hearts forever, will Master Yoda live.
13. "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
Crude, yet lovable, Melissa McCarthy has an amazing gift to make just about anybody laugh.
14. "I want to apologize. I'm not even confident on which end that came out of."
George Clooney is the essence of suave no matter what role he's in.
15. "Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote."
Zooey Deschanel is an adorable, show-stealing actress that every hipster girl wishes she could be.
16. "The lady dothn't. There's no such thing as love. It's a fantasy."
The Coen Brothers have a unique approach to film but it never ceases to amaze the audience.
17. "Alright. Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"
Marky Mark Whalberg is one of the coolest and toughest celebrities out there and his roles prove it.
18. "I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy."
Tom Cruise is the most dedicated actor to any role he chooses and nearly all of those roles are amazing.
19. "There's no good reason, there's no bad reason to live or to die."
Leonardo DiCaprio went from pretty-boy to "the best actor ever" in a lot of people's eyes and his roles are chosen with precision.
20. "I knew it was a great mistake for a man like me to fall in love..."
Too bad Sir Ian McKellen's Gandalf doesn't actually exist as we could all learn a few things from this wizard's wisdom.
21. "If he had a name, it's long since been lost. He would've been known only as a servant of evil. One of a number. One of nine."
Denzel Washington comes off as intimidating and he doesn't even need to be a muscle-head. His words and articulation are enough to make back down.
22. "You welcome the sound. In fact it's the sound that sets you free. You are a prisoner on this block until that sound sets you free."
One of the most eccentric actors of our time, Johnny Depp has played many roles and all of them have been different from the last!
23. "There's a hole in the world like a great black pit..."
Harrison Ford has an on-screen reputation for playing grumpy characters, which one of them made the following quote?
24. "Don't threaten me boy, I'm not the enemy."
Batman has been one of the most prominent superheroes on film. Which Batman said the following?
25. "A man's got to go his own way. A friend taught me that."
So how well did you do? Be sure to vote in the poll to let us know how many answers you got right!