She's the Disney Channel sweetheart from Wizard of Waverly Place that grew up and went on to star in blockbusters such as Spring Breakers and the upcoming Neighbors 2. And on top of that, her successful music career has made her one of the hottest stars of her generation with a whopping net worth of $16 million.
But, despite all of that, how much do we really know about Selena Gomez? Let's find out!
1. She's of Mexican and Italian descent
2. She has six rescue dogs: Chip, Willy, Fina, Wallace, Chaz and Baylor
3. The first concert she ever attended was a Britney Spears show
Speaking of the memorable moment, she once said:
"I just remember it being the highlight of my life! I felt like I was on cloud nine!"
4. Her favorite actress is Rachel McAdams
5. Selena made her TV debut when she was 7 on Barney & Friends
Yep and that's Demi Lovato in the clip too. They have been best friends ever since!
6. She suffers from lupus
It's a condition of the immune system where if something goes wrong, the body attacks healthy cells and tissues. It leaves you depressed, tired and achy.
7. She loves to eat whole lemons
And even adds a bit of salt to them... Weird.
8. She has a huge crush on Shia LeBeouf
And when she met him, she couldn't hold back her nerves:
9. She drinks olive oil!
Yes, it's crazy but she does it because it apparently protects her voice:
"This may sound gross, but sometimes I drink a little bit of olive oil [...] It tastes terrible, but it coats your throat so it's really good for the vocal chords."
10. In 2010, she was named the youngest UNICEF Ambassador in the history of the organization
She traveled to Ghana for her first field mission the same year.
11. Before Justin Bieber, she dated Miley Cyrus's ex
Remember her and Nick Jonas back in 2008?
12. She has her own clothing line
Selena launched Dream Out Loud in 2010, focusing on eco-friendly materials and tags with inspirational quotes on them. You can still buy her styles at Kmart.
13. She wants to invent pickle flavored bubble gum
She just loves pickles so much!
14. She turned down High School Musical 3
She could have joined Ashley Tisdale and Zac Efron, but she passed up the opportunity, saying:
"High School Musical 3 is cute, and I think it would be a great opportunity for someone else. But I passed on it because I didn’t want to do it. I plan to take other roles in acting that are challenging for me. After Disney, I want to be taken seriously as an actress for many years."