As we all know, the current MCU is leading up quite fast to Infinity War. The first film is only 3 years away. Which we all know by then Thanos will either have all the gems, or get them in that film.
As of now, we have seen 4 Infinity Gems (or Stones) so far:
So that begs the question, where are the other two? Or in this particular case, the Soul gem? Before we go any further, let's go over what the Soul gem's capable of:
- The Soul Gem is sentient; it has a desire to collect souls
- Can attack another's soul in various ways
- Can disrupt the anima of a soul with a karmic blast rendering the target temporarily unconscious. Certain beings are immune to this attack.
- Can revert beings to their natural state
- The gem's wielder can access the memories and skills of those imprisoned within Soul World
- Can trap souls inside itself in an idyllic world.
- The gem can reveal information by peering into another's soul or using the 'Cold Light of Truth'
Now as you can see in the picture above, each object carrying one of the stone, is used to to spell out THANOS. Which would mean, that whatever is holding the Soul gem, would have to start with the letter H.
So ladies and gentleman, what is holding this gem? well it's none other than:
That's right, the guardian of worlds himself Heimdall is holding the Soul gem.
For one it would fill in the H in THANOS, and take a look at his armor
What's that round orange object in the center of his chest-plate? Looks an awful lot like a gem to me. And it's orange, the same color as the one in the picture above. While it's normally green, the Gems have been susceptible to color change throughout the MCU. Also, look at his eyes:
Also the same color as the stone. This is all leading up quite nicely don't you think? The final nail in the coffin for me, is how Heimdall says he sees everyone on earth as SOULS, not actual people. Clever Marvel thought we wouldn't notice. My guess is this will definitely come into play in Thor: Ragnarok, as Kevin Feige has stated that this film is very important to the phase 3 timeline, and it will impact everything to come afterwards in the MCU. Perhaps with Loki impersonating Odin, it would allow the chance for Thanos to get the Soul gem? Who knows.
Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed this little theory. Tell me, do you think Heimdall is holding the Soul Stone? Or is it somewhere else? Follow me for more posts and theories and junk. Take care!