You would think that being on Hollywood's A-List - aka you're one of the elite stars in "the biz" - would make it so that your problems were completely erased forever. Everybody envies actors, musicians, and stars in general who get to live everybody's dream, but it's not always as peachy and easy as you might expect.
These are 7 stars who actually were put under a microscope and suffered due to excessive fame. Check them out below!
1. Ryan Reynolds had a friend try to sell photos of his baby
Here's what Reynolds had to say about finding out one of his oldest friends trying to sell his baby picture in order to make a quick buck.
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂHe had been shopping pictures of my baby around. I kind of got in front of it, which is good. But it was a slightly dark period. A bad couple of weeks.ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ
He also added:
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂIt was like death. It was like one of those devastating things to find out.ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ
He said that he had a "strongly worded conversation" with the guy. Then he said, simply that that was the obvious and clear end of their friendship:
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂItÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs just, ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂOh, well, now IÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂm never going to see you or talk to you again, unfortunately. ThatÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs kind of how he worked out.ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ
2. Rihanna has a father with a drinking problem, but it wouldn't be so obvious if it weren't for her fame
Courtesy of Daily Mail, we have some difficult things that Rihanna had to do for her dad that the public now knows:
- Rihanna put him through a $58,000 Malibu rehab program last year to save him from jail after he was arrested during a previous visit to California
- She flies him to LA every three months for urine tests and has the mini-bar emptied before he arrives
3. Clearly, Amy Winehouse was turned into an entity because of fame and her alcohol poisoning was possibly a bi-product of that
Asif Kapadia, the director who put together the extremely well-received Amy Winehouse documentary had this to say about the price of fame as it relates to Amy:
"It's visceral. You can feel how it's painful. That isn't a fun situation to be in - and that's if you're grounded and feeling well. If you're not well, you can only imagine what it must have been like. It kind of almost explains why people might do things to numb the pain, to escape, to try and get away from it."
4. Britney Spears' E! True Hollywood Stories was called "The Price of Fame"
Britney Spears obviously went through a very public meltdown that she has since recovered from. There was an entire E! True Hollywood Story about her called "The Price of Fame". 'Nuff said.
5. Sandra Bullock knows how fame can mess you up, so she hides hers from her son Louis
Here's what Sandra Bullock had to say about hiding her fame from her son Louis:
"If I see myself on TV, I flip right by it, I do not stop. Louis doesnÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt know what I do. HeÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs seen a couple of glimpses... He thought I was an astronaut for a while. I want it to be so inconsequential and such a nonissue. I want him to be embarrassed by me like all other parents.
I love the bit about thinking she was an astronaut (probably from [Gravity](tag:41913)). We'll see how long she can hide it from him, though!
6. Lindsay Lohan has had a really rough go at it fame-wise
Lindsay Lohan had a budding career that eventually went south due to over-saturation, drug-use and too much fame. It's difficult to pin-point the exact moment that it became overwhelming for her, but I think we're all pretty much in agreement about our society putting the public eye squarely on her every move couldn't have helped.