With Halloween getting closer and closer each day, I know a lot of people are trying to find the perfect haunted house attraction to go to. Why not go to the place that brought us some of the greatest horror films for nearly a century; Universal Studios. Universal Studios provides the ultimate haunted attraction annually called Halloween Horror Nights. With 6 mazes, a terror tram, live performances from the Jabbawockeez, a number of scare zones scattered throughout the park, as well as their rides opened; Halloween Horror Nights is the perfect destination if you’re looking for a good scare. Before you go here's a guide that will help you survive the night, as well as a list of the mazes they have running this year.
1) Get there early! They provide early access into the park, with some of the mazes opening as early as 6:30. Yes I understand it may still be light outside, but the lines can get up to 2 hours long so getting a head start is never a bad thing.
2) Ride the Tram First! The Tram is the only attraction that closes early. Although the park is open until 2am, the Tram closes at 11:45 Friday and Saturday and 11:15 on Thursday and Sunday so make sure you plan accordingly.
3) If you can, purchase the Front of the Line Pass! Yes the front of the line pass is pricey, ranging between $159-179 depending on what night you go, but like I stated early some of the mazes do get up to a 2 hour wait. There is a chance that you won’t be able to see everything if you spend a large majority of your night waiting in lines.
4) Purchase tickets ahead of time! Halloween Horror Nights does sell out sometimes; don’t show up there right when the doors open hoping they didn’t run out of tickets. If you are able to, definitely purchase those tickets online and in advance because you don’t want to be the only one of your friends that gets left behind because you didn’t plan ahead!
5) Wear comfortable shoes! Seriously. I can’t put enough emphasis on this. You will be walking and standing A LOT, be prepared for that and wear shoes that won’t make you hate your life the following day.
6) Have Fun! This one is self explanatory, but have a good time! It’s fun getting scared, and they are only open for a short period of time so make sure you don’t miss it!
List of Mazes for this years Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood!
The Walking Dead
This Is The End
Alien vs. Predator