This article features my Day 3 entry for the 5 Day GIF Challenge
We're all movie fans here right? Right!? No? Okay... Well for those of of you who are you've probably experienced all of the following scenarios at some point in your life.
"What do you MEAN you don't like movies!?"
Luckily I don't have to have these kinds of conversations so often anymore, trying to convince others that my film obsession is justified. Working here at Moviepilot, I'm sure you can imagine the great company I'm in. It's no secret over here that movies. are life.
Still, there are people out there who simply do not share our appreciation for the silver screen. They do exist, somewhere.
Being the tolerant person I am, however, when someone says to me "I don't like movies", I always respect their opinion.
Seriously though! I do try to engage in these conversations and really listen to what they have to say.
It doesn't always make sense, but I genuinely do try to listen.
Sometimes the conversation ends right then and there. Sometimes I just can't handle anymore and make a smooth exit.
Then, other times the convo goes on and on and they try to convince ME that I'M somehow the strange one.
That's when I get fed up.
And just start dropping truth bombs all over the place.
Then they say some more stuff...
... and I continue to drop atomic bombs of truth and wisdom acquired from all my years of movie watching.
Once I'm done, they have absolutely no idea what hit them.
Another win for movie fans, another win for humanity.
The moral of this story? WATCH. MORE. MOVIES.
5 Day GIF Challenge:
For each day, use one of the scenarios bellow and tell us a story (real or fictional) using GIFs and/or memes. Remember, these categories are just for inspiration. Feel free to get creative and come up with your own scenarios if you like!
- An awkward family film viewing
- A date that didn't go well OR exceeded expectations
- Watching an emotional film :'-(
- Watching your first Rated-R film
- A horror flick that you were NOT ready for and/or haunted you for days after
- When you have high expectations for a film and it flops
- Binge watching a TV series when you KNOW you should go to sleep
- Watching a film and everyone else around you is on their phones/being obnoxious
- That moment when you DIDN'T see the plot twist coming
- Watching a film that's got you laughing uncontrollably
MAKE UP YOUR OWN!
Share your stories and use the 5 Day GIF Challenge, then nominate any members of the Moviepilot community who you'd like to see carry the torch. Should you have any questions, feel free to comment or contact me at [email protected].