Wonderful viral marketing I say, good move WB!
Alexander Joseph Luthor Jr. or Lex Luthor created a twitter account for himself and he just tweeted out his interview from Fortune Magazine, for the interested here's the link to his Twitter account and for the original interview.
So now let me deconstruct this interview and provide you people with the insight that reveals some intriguing details, starting with the small/simple ones..............
He's pretty young but a global leader already!
This cinematic version of the character now revealed to be 'Alexander Joseph Luthor Jr.' or Lex Luthor as we always knew is just 31 years old which makes him 4 years younger than the cinematic version of Superman played by Henry Cavill.
Yet he's ranked "Fortune's Businessperson of the Year" and was included in the magazine's list of World's 50 Greatest Leaders!
History of LexCorp Industries
A company founded by Alexander Luthor Sr. an East German émigré. A man who is known for his grit, ferocity and viciousness among his very many enemies, carved the empire of LexCorp Industries to be an oil and heavy machinery giant. "Well dad was a complicated guy but a good businessman" his son adds. Unfortunately Luthor Sr. passed away unexpectedly in 2000.
Lex Luthor might have killed his own father to claim ownership of LexCorp Industries
After Lex Luthor became the CEO of LexCorp Industries he boldly changed the direction of this company from oil and heavy machinery to technology and LexCorp is now the second biggest technology corporation on Earth, which Fortune calls a superhuman feat! He even changed the company logo from this
Easter eggs to the wider DC Extended Universe
This is where things become more interesting.
- Remember when I said LexCorp is the second biggest tech company in the world, turns out our beloved Gothamite's Wayne Enterprises turns out to be the global leader in Technology sector.
Kord Industries is the most charitable corporation in the world followed by Wayne Enterprises and thirdly by LexCorp Industries.
- Lex Luthor humbly says he can't hold a candle to Ted Kord and Bruce Wayne in the Billionaire Playboy category! (NOTE: the original article doesn't name drop Ted Kord but out of the two versions of the Blue Beetle only Ted Kord was a Billionaire Businessman)
- Wayne Enterprises turned away from military contracts a decade ago, I think it's probably due to Bruce Wayne's ideals of weapons and firepower and how making them will only result in more wars and bloodshed. But more interestingly the article mentioned Wayne Enterprises stopped taking defense contracts only a decade ago whereas Batman was doing his crime fighting for two decades which means Bruce Wayne/Batman would have witnessed an incident where a defense creation of Wayne Enterprises would have lead to violence and bloodshed.
- Lex Luthor has a world famous collection of meteorite crystals in his office complex, a possible nod to Kryptonite.
- LexCorp is about to unveil a technology that will change the world forever, when pressed he slyly elaborates that "This technology can protect you and everyone from threats you don't even know about yet, I don't want to scare anyone but there are a lot of threats out there, and they are here today" (He might be implying Superman here or the sudden rise of super powered individuals or even potential alien invasions.... Brainiac?)
- Lex Luthor justifies his military contract creations by saying "its necessary, we live in the most dangerous point of time in all of human history. Statistically speaking, it’s a near certainty that another world-changing crisis is hurtling toward us like a speeding bullet. We have to be ready to defend ourselves. No civilization was ever conquered by having a strong military" (So the genius of Lex Luthor is predicting a massive crisis in the near future, Justice League's villain anyone?)
Public Face of Lex Luthor
When we read this interview, we get an image that this Lex Luthor is the following,
- Down to Earth
- Super genius technology expert
- A caring employer
- Extremely approachable
- Everybody's man and a Countryman
Because of these traits people are calling him "Man of Tomorrow" and are feeling lucky to have him around and don't be surprised if this is just a mask of his, because Lex Luthor is one man to be world and another man to himself.
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice hits theaters March 2016.