As the famous band The Eagles said, "You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!", which rings true for this new season of American Horror Story. The song, "Hotel California", was even used at the end of the premiere episode to conveying the proper tone for what's in store.
This season clearly is setting you up to speculate and will throw curveballs at what you think you know. Don't always assume, keep an open mind. Nothing is what it seems on the surface.
If you haven't seen the new season yet, you're in for a real treat! I'll break it down for you, without any major spoilers.
- It takes place in present day 2015
- Lots of blood this season
- Two separate storylines brings in Wes Bentley's character, Detective John Lowe to the Hotel
- Cameos from recognizable actors
- Creepy blonde children running around
- Lady Gaga "kills it" as her character
- Two words: mattress people!
- All the other seasons somehow tie into the current season
This could be one of the most intense, over the top, spill tingling, and blood curdling seasons yet for the series. So much blood has been spilt and more to soak the walls in future episodes.