Years before Universal's first Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened in Orlando, fans were hard at work brewing concoctions to replicate Butterbeer, a now-legendary drink that fans can enjoy -- with or without an added dash of booze. Now, two new additions to the Starbucks secret menu highlight what we love most about Butterbeer, but only savvy wizards will know what to ask for.
When you head up to your cashier, you can ask for one of the two following secret menu items -- but keep the recipes handy, just in case your barista is a little new.
If you're looking for something on the cold side, a delicious frappe will hit the spot.
- Ask for a Creme Frappuccino base. Don’t skimp on the fat by asking for skim or 2% milk as whole milk is required for the right consistency
- Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup
- Add 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup
Top with caramel drizzle
Hot Butterbeer Latte
With fall setting in and the air cooling down, you might want to grab a hot beverage to warm your hands and taste buds. This yummy latte will do the trick -- here's the recipe:
- Whole milk steamer
- Add Caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top (or creme brulee topping if you prefer)
Optional if you prefer to add a coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)
What do you think? Trade in the Ugg boots and pumpkin spiced lattes for a wand and some tasty drinks to ring in the season the way they do at Hogsmeade!