Before beginning I want to state that I'm both a HUGE Marvel and DC fan, but if you frequently read my posts, then you know that I favor DC a LOT more. Sure Marvel has great qualities to it, but DC is just all around the better company.
1. DC Actually Has "Superheroes".
The Flash, Aquaman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter to just name a few of the characters that ACTUALLY have superpowers. Sure Wolverine, Quicksilver, and basically every character from the X-Men have superpowers, but all the rest of the MU were not born with them. Marvel's characters seem "more believable" whereas DC is much more "fantasy" like.
2. Marvel Basically Took From DC's Characters.
Now some would argue this, but clearly Marvel took from DC's characters, including:
1.Deadpool-Deathstroke: Deadpool (Wade Wilson) first appeared in The New Mutants #98 (Feb. 1991), while Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) appeared in The New Teen Titans (vol. 1) #2 (1980). They even have similar names!
2. Iron Man-Batman: Iron Man appeared in Tales of Suspense #39 (March 1963), while Batman in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939). Both are Billionaires with expensive suits and butlers!
3. Edwin Jarvis-Alfred Pennyworth: Before Jarvis was just a voice, he was a butler who appeared in Tales of Suspense #59 (Nov. 1964). Alfred appeared in Batman #16 (April 1943).
4. Quicksilver-the Flash: Quicksilver in The X-Men #4 (March 1964). The Flash in Flash Comics #1 (January 1940).
Sure I could come up with many other characters, but that would take even more digging and even more time, and I don't want to do that right now.
3. Better Heroes and Heroines.
The top 3 heroes out there are Superman, Batman, and then followed by Spider-man. Sure Marvel has some great characters, but NONE match up to DC's. Like Martian Manhunter for example: No other Marvel character can live up to his awesomeness, sure the Vision, but he's just another ripped-off character.
4. DC's Ahead In Both the Film and Television Industries.
They have GREAT shows such as Gotham, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and the upcoming [DC's Legends of Tomorrow](tag:2937021) that we all know won't fail. Great Movies like Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, or even the upcoming DCEU films like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, and other solos. Marvel has a great upcoming lineup also, but what are they going to do when they basically cover all their comic books? Exactly. So in the long run, DC knows what it's doing.
5. It's A Lot Darker Than Marvel.
Sure Marvel might have what seems to be "dark" comics, but DC, no matter what story-line or character their using, they ALWAYS have something dark about it. Take Bruce Wayne's origin story for instance, or John Constantine and his travels. Marvel likes to joke around alot, whereas DC is serious. Yes, truly darker. Not convinced? Try reading Sandman.