Dazed and Confused needs no introduction. It is one of the finest films about high school ever made. Still considered as Richard Linklater’s best work, the movie is famous for its effective ensemble cast and quotable dialogue. Since its release, it has garnered a cult following in the pop culture universe.
Here are 10 best Dazed and Confused quotes from the film that perfectly encapsulate how it is like to be young and free, and wild.
10. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."
9. "All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life - remind me to kill myself."
8. "Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N."
7. "I only came here to do two things, kick some ass and drink some beer... Looks like we're almost outta beer."
6. "I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else."
5. "You know that Julie chick? Loves you. You want her? Gotta play it cool, you know. You can't let her know how much you like ?cause if she knows, she'll dump you like that. Believe me. Like, if she asks you if you want a ride, you say, "No, I've got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later." Sounds stupid, doesn't it? It works."
4. "I was getting there! I had my hand under her shirt!"
3. "Say, man, you got a joint?"
2. "Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place... Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place."
1. "All right, all right, all right."