After waiting a whole year, finally, [The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2](tag:449866) has arrived! We are so happy to be part of the fandom at this time, it’s been a great year. So, now that we’ve seen the movie, let’s break it down.
PLEASE NOTE: There are no spoilers in this edition of our review.
Overall, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 is an excellent film. Even for book readers, there are some surprises that will have you on the edge of your seat. With that being said, the first time I watched Mockingjay - Part 2, my first thought was that everything was too fast. I later found out that it was too much to handle at the time – if you’ve seen the movie, you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about. So much is happening, and you’re taken over by feels. I don’t want to go into spoilers in this review, so what I’ll do is break the review in 3 parts: The Bad, The Good, Side Notes and Conclusion.
Okay, let’s just get this over with. But, good news! There’s nothing really bad about the film. The only thing I would have liked to see is, no surprise, MORE. There were little things in the book, or just in my imagination, that would have been really nice to see, and I get it: TIME. They want to make sure this film isn’t 3 hours long (which I wouldn’t mind if it was), but at the same time I would have just liked to see more. More in District 2. More in the Capitol. More of Johanna. More of Effie.
Alright, now the good! The whole film was amazing. It gave me some feels, I will say that right now. I loved how the film included some important scenes with much details that help the scenes become more powerful, and in some cases, emotional. I am really happy with this movie - all in all. I can’t wait to watch this movie in my home everyday. I really loved it.
Can I just say BRAVO to the acting in this movie!? Jennifer Lawrence and the supporting cast did AMAZING in each role they performed. Peeta Mellark - wow. And can we talk about – alright, let’s make this easier:
- The Score: The score included elements from the other films and it was really emotional. My favorite piece from the Mockingjay - Part 2 score is “Transfer Command”. (When you click the link, it starts at the end of the track because that part is great.)
- Peeta: Peeta made my heart sink. I really like Peeta and to see him think that Katniss is an enemy, really upset me.
- Ceaser Flickerman and The Capitol: I was really happy how they put Capitol propaganda in the film. It made a big difference because we finally get an idea of how The Capitol see the revolution unfolding. One thing that did make me get teary eyed is how Ceaser Flickerman views Katniss. That’s all I’ll say about that.
- Humor: In the film, there are a few little bits of humor. (No, we’re not talking about things that the audience thinks is funny because they don’t get what it means.) Spot them yourself, but here’s a hint. “Plucked.”
- Flashbacks: Although the movie didn’t include flashbacks, there were some events, even parts of the score, in the movie from other films. That was a nice touch.
- Surprises: There were little surprises. Those were very nice and I appreciate them so much.
- Emotion: There was some great emotion. I loved how these moments were included, they really are powerful.
An important one: THE BOOK. I can say that the film did an AMAZING job of staying true to the book. I was very satisifed with that and very happy that the book was included. Of course, there are little changes here and there, but help the movie flow.
This movie was the best way to close out the franchise. It is emotional, powerful and very true to the books. Be sure to support the franchise and go see it, and let us know what you think.
Visit Life in District 13 at lifeindistrict13.com