The seemingly endless wait for the release date of The Legend of Zelda Wii U is in no way soothed by the game's creators. Nintendo has been uncharacteristically quiet about the latest installment in this beloved franchise, and I suppose it's been a good system for building hype.
But even though it's clear that they don't want to give too much away, they've certainly left a few mysterious hints in the wake of several gameplay reveals for The Legend of Zelda Wii U. Therefore, we thought we could take a look at them in order to initiate some form of debate. What do you think these secrets are? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
5 Mysterious Features in the Gameplay of the 'Legend of Zelda' Wii U
First off, let's take a brief look at a... well... a brief gameplay trailer. Nintendo recently released a 12 second clip for Zelda Wii U. But even though this demonstration is ridiculously short, there's still some info that fans have been able to speculate about. The biggest "reveals" though, come in the form of Link's gear:
- Shield: The wooden shield featured in the trailer is different to the one we saw in the E3 reveal. Therefore, we feel like we'll be able to swap out our shields, something which could indicate towards the massive changes that Zelda Wii U could introduce to the franchise.
- Sword: Link's sword is indicative of a similar feature. This piece of steel is something we've never seen before, and it's actually bigger than our hero, which informs us that this little guy will have plenty of weapons to choose from.
- Sheikah Eye Book: The Sheikah (Shadow Folk) have served as the protectors of the Hylian Royal Family and are prominent in many of the Legend of Zelda games, and here we see Link carrying a book with their insignia. What could it mean? Does it allude to the game's narrative?
- Sleeping Mat: This is becoming a proper open world game if The Legend of Zelda Wii U is actually permitting us to set up camp for the night. The sleeping mat is seen carried on Epona's back, and we really hope that it's a way we can change the time of day, and more in Zelda Wii U.
With these four gameplay features out of the way, we can focus on the findings of YouTuber, Zeltik. In a recent video about Zelda Wii U, he alluded to five mysterious features that the game's various reveals have introduced. He doesn't have many answers for these phenomenons, but at least a conversation has been started. We'll discuss the five mysteries below the video, be sure to check it out to join in on the discussion!
Are You Excited for Zelda Wii U's Release Date?
- Is the first small structure that's referenced here a fairy fountain, or is it a fast travel point?
- On your map, is the dot on top of this particular mountain indicative of a new dungeon? A crater?
- Link's starting outfit in the E3 trailer is influenced by the Gerudo. Does this mean that he is in someway Linked with the antagonistic race?
- This is a mystery to us all, what do you think this strange feature is?
- Finally, let's talk about that book some more! One of the greatest theories is that it's actually linked to the Wii U gamepad. With the pad you'll be able to hold up the book in-game and use it to uncover secrets in the environment. What do you think?