While the original release of Bungie's Destiny disappointed a lot of fans, The Taken King has given us a glimpse of how great this series can become. Activision have stated that they'll be supporting Destiny for another 9 years - imagine how this game will transform in the years to come. It'll be unrecognizable in 2024; provided the fanbase for the game doesn't bail years before then.
In order to prevent that fate for Destiny 2 - or whatever number they'll be on by then - Bungie and Activision are going to have to pay attention to the demands of their most loyal fans. The gameplay in Destiny can be pretty fantastic, but after a few hours with the shooter, irritations form quite easily.
Destiny 2: Fan Demands For New Gameplay Features
Some of these features may seem inconsequential to others, so we'd love to hear from you guys about the kind of features you'd implement into Destiny 2 or the current build of the game:
- Christmas-themed makeover for The Tower. Think about it, it'd be amazing. We could even have an ugly sweater armor set!
- The Tess purchases need to be changed. People are paying real cash for Destiny to randomly give you an emote or item, regardless of whether you had one particular thing in mind.
- Fans have also asked for a Class items kiosk. Would be pretty handy.
- Combined Arms needs to make a return and permanently remain a part of the game.
- Ships need to become a more prominent aspect of the game. Can't we at least be able to control them on the loading screen, Bungie?
- Also, a raid gear kiosk. Seriously, we need this.
- Hiding the HUD. It seems like a small thing, but fans of the game would love to have the option.
- Legendary Marks need work. They're doled out in really strange ways. It's balanced for players with more time and limits those who can only dive into deep sessions with Destiny on weekends for instance.
- For the love of all that is holy, include an in-game map. Please.
- The game still punishes you for playing solo. Destiny needs to introduce a balancing situation that allows gamers to go it alone when they want to.
- Match-making. It's still a problem. After all of this time, Destiny still has awful match-making problems. Destiny 2 needs to fix this.
- Grimoire Cards are not a valid substitute for a story.
- Vehicles need to contribute to the game more. They're so cool and feel far too limited.
So what about you guys? Do you have any gameplay concerns for Destiny? Is there anything you really desire for Destiny 2? If so, let us know in the comments below!