Every good crime-fighting superhero needs a healthy, well-balanced diet to keep them energized. Unfortunately, Green Arrow's recipe probably won't get the job done.
Apparently, Oliver Queen has a special chili recipe that is so spicy, only he and Batman can stomach it without wincing with pain. Even Superman has to use his super breath to try to cool it down a bit.
On the off chance you're a superhero fanatic with a culinary prowess, you too can try whipping up Green Arrow's hottest delicacy (just like Mom used to make!).
1 ½ pounds lean sirloin chunks
2 tblsp of cumin
2 tblsp of paprika
1 tblsp of cayenne
1 cup minced onion
½ cup of chopped green pepper (optional)
2 tblsp minced garlic
1 tblsp fresh ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp of salt
½ of dried basil, crushed
1 tblsp California chili powder (hot)
1 tblsp Gebhardt chili powder
1 tblsp Hot New Mexico chili powder
1 16 oz. can of tomatoes cut up
2 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
2 16 oz. cans of dark red kidney beans partially drained
1 tsp of brown sugar
Tobasco sauce to taste
½ cup water
Grated Cheese (cheddar)
Oyster crackers or saltines
1. In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and spices together until flavor blends well.
2. Drain fat.
3. Add onion, green pepper and garlic and cook until soft.
4. Stir in undrained tomatoes, seasonings, tomato sauce and water into a large pan.
5. Let simmer for several hour. Occasionally stir.
6. Ten minutes before serving, add brown sugar, tobasco sauce, and beans.
7. Serve with "help yourself" bowls of grated cheese, oyster crackers, and chopped onions.
According to Reddit, those who have tried the recipe claim it's actually pretty tame and that DC's superheroes might just need to toughen up a little bit.
If you do try this recipe or have tried it in the past, let us know the results! In any case, don't forget some extra crackers for Batman.