Players of the Total War franchise know their stuff. They're constantly contacting The Creative Assembly in order to gain some insight into even the slightest details about their upcoming products. Total War: Warhammer is no different. Therefore, some devoted fans out there have taken the liberty of combining several of the most requested questions in the hopes that the upcoming Developer Livestream will answer thesm.
Several of these questions actually have answers already, but we'd love to go down through them in any case, just to give you a further understanding of what to expect from the release date of Total War: Warhammer. If you have any further questions, please let us know in the comments!
Gameplay Questions For The Creative Assembly On Total War: Warhammer
The following represent the most requested questions in the category of battle mechanics:
- 1. Is the unit count still capped at 20 v 20 in battle?
- 2. Unit Sizes - will we be able to change them? What will be the max unit size on Ultra?
- 3. How much freedom do you have in terms of creating units/heroes, which aren't in the TT?
- 4. Will Lord's and Hero's be able to join other units or unlock them like mounts? (be part of a unit)
- 5. Will units/characters receive equipment/item upgrades and will they be represented graphically?
- 6. Are there any plans for monster heroes or monster lords/agents ect. such as a Troll general or something?
- 7. Will Dwarfs get Runelords as a counter to magic use of other races? Also do Dwarf units have a innate resistance to magic?
- 8. Can regular lords join units? For example can a dwarflord join a unit of hammerers?
- 9. Do Legendary Lords also get Item drops from loot?
- 10. Can we have more than one Agent type in an army?
And the following are the confirmed answers for these questions (thank this man for compiling the list):
- 1. The unit count will be capped at 20 v 20, but more units can come from reinforcements.
- 2. Unit sizes can be changed in the options or through DB editing, which will still be available in the game (thankfully).
- 3. The Creative Assembly stated that gameplay is taking precedent over lore when it comes to creating units, therefore they have quite a lot of freedom in that regard.
- 4. Lords and Heroes can't attach to other units, but can unlock optional bodyguards like Grimgor's immortulz.
- 5. Yes, most likely they won't be visually represented. Though this could change later after the game's release.
- 6. The Creative Assembly said that they could feature in the game at a later date, perhaps as DLC.
- 7. No Runelords, in the game, however there's been no word on natural magic resistance.
- 8. The one above has you covered here!
- 9. Yes, dear gamers, they do indeed.
- 10. Yes, they said it's possible to field an entire army of agents.
Are You Excited For the Gameplay & Factions of Warhammer?
If you want to see some more answers, head on over to reddit to continue the discussion! And be sure to let us know what you think of [Total War: Warhammer](tag:3627632) in the comments below! Personally, we're still pretty pissed over the removal of mod support and the appalling pre order situation, but maybe the game itself will surprise us.