We're just a couple of short days away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but a lucky handful were able to get a first look while attending last night's world premiere. After waking up to a whole set of red carpet photos, I'm convinced the event was fitting for one of the biggest movie releases in history.
Here are 16 moments from the world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens that are making us even more excited to see the film.
1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt came dressed as Yoda
Are those Grinch pajama pants I see?
2. There was a procession of Stormtroopers
Fall in line, boys.
3. Lupita Nyong'o wore some seriously stunning jewelry
Including a small Stormtrooper LEGO.
4. And an even more stunning dress
Nyong'o said on the red carpet, "I thought I’d bring the galaxy with me." And she seriously delivered.
5. John Boyega had this ecstatic smile on his face all night
How can you help but smile from ear to ear?
6. Oscar Isaac put his Resistance ties aside to pose with some Stormtroopers and Captain Phasma
You can't tell, but Captain Phasma is smiling under that helmet.
7. Gwendoline Christie took off her Phasma armour for the night and wowed the crowds
From Game of Thrones to Star Wars, is there anything she can't do?
8. Daisy Ridley posed with a teensy Rey figurine
Not many people are lucky enough to have a toy made in their likeness.
9. Adam Driver and wife Joanne Tucker showed up looking sharp
Don't let the stern look fool you, Kylo Ren simply doesn't like to show emotions.
10. Domhnall Gleeson couldn't contain his excitement
Don't ever change, Domhnall.
11. Sophia Vergara rocked some Princess Leia buns alongside hunky husband Joe Manganiello
Both of whom looked gorgeous.
12. Bryce Dallas Howard was starstruck by some Stormtroopers
13. George Lucas and J.J. Abrams were all thumbs up and smiles
J.J. Abrams' life is the epitome of fanboy dreams coming true.
14. Red carpet veterans C-3PO and R2-D2 handled the night like old pros
Those are the droids we're looking for.
15. But newcomer BB-8 was the droid who stole the show
BB-8 rolled down the red carpet, looking fabulous as ever.
16. Finally this picture of the original trio made our hearts soar
Seeing these three together again for a Star Wars movie premiere brings a tear to my eye.
I didn't even know it was possible to be more excited for the movie, but seeing JGL dressed up as Yoda and John Boyega's adorable smiling face might have done the trick.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens officially opens in theaters starting December 18, 2015.