The wait is over. [Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens](tag:711158) has been unleashed upon us all, and J. J. Abrams has done a beautiful job of faithfully expanding upon the original trilogy's majesty. The film has offered up a ton of new characters and locations for us to enjoy in the years to come and we sincerely hope we'll be brought even closer to them with Star Wars: Battlefront.
EA has yet to announce what the Season Pass for Battlefront will bring in terms of content, however, we know it'll consist of 4 expansion packs that include over 20 new pieces of galactic tech such as weapons, vehicles and Star Cards, 4 more iconic Star Wars characters for you to play as, 16 additional maps and 4 exciting new modes. The question is how many of these will be taken from Star Wars 7?
Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens in Star Wars: Battlefront
Let's keep this as spoiler-free as possible, shall we? However, please know that some of the details in this article may be considered as spoilers by some! Just a heads up ;)
EA have stated that we'll have the option to play as 4 more Star Wars heroes and villains in Battlefront. Who fits the bill from Star Wars 7?
- Finn - With a great performance from John Boyega, Finn has become one of the most memorable characters in the franchise. He may not be a Jedi, but with his stormtrooper training and the ability to handle a lightsaber, he could be a lot of fun to control in Battlefront!
- Rey - Probably the most likely candidate from Star Wars 7, Rey is a powerful young woman who has a lot of tricks up her sleeve. She has the potential to unleash some serious strength on the battlefront. Saying more would be spoilery ;)
- Chewbacca - Old or young, Chewbacca is a character that we really want to see in Star Wars: Battlefront. With some intense strength and a kickass weapon, Chewie would be a welcome addition to the game.
- Kylo Ren - If they have to pick one villain from Star Wars 7, of course it has to be Kylo Ren! With his intense knowledge of the dark side and a badass crossguard lightsaber in-hand, he'd be easy to implement into the game.
- Captain Phasma - An alternative villain that could appear in Battlefront is Gwendoline Christie's Captain Phasma. With some beautiful armor and extreme battle strength, she'd be a welcome villain.
Maps & Locations
Star Wars: Battlefront currently features maps on Sullust, Endor, Hoth, Tatooine and Jakku. Jakku features heavily in Star Wars Episode 7, but there are a few other locations that could make an appearance.
- Starkiller Base - The latest Death-Star-like construction in the Star Wars universe comes in the form of the Starkiller Base - a planet which has been manipulated to drain the power from a nearby Sun. With options both inside the base and in the woods where a great lightsaber battle takes place, this a likely planet for Star Wars: Battlefront.
Takodana - Home to the slightly crazy Maz Kanata, this beautiful planet is an important location in Star Wars 7. We'd love to have the opportunity to play as the Resistance and The First Order on this planet!
D'Qar - Home to the Resistance, D'Qar could be a great location to engage in all-out warfare with the powers of light and dark.
Ships & Speeders
Star Wars 7 featured some beautiful ship designs, so here are some of our top picks for Star Wars: Battlefront: the new Tie Fighters & X-Wings, Kylo Ren's awesome Imperial Shuttle, the Millenium Falcon, and Rey's speeder.
But what else would you like to see from Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens? Let us know what your dream DLC pack for Star Wars: Battlefront would feature!