Modern gaming can be pretty incredible. But even though there have been remarkable improvements to the industry, we're slowly losing a feature that used to define some of the greatest franchises in the industry: local co-op. It's upsetting to see gaming focus upon online experiences, slowly pushing friends to their respective homes in order to play together. However, not all hope is lost.
2015 has been an extraordinary year for Video Games. Sadly, most of this years greatest titles are restrictive when it comes to local co-op. However, there are some developers out there who understand the need for couch co-op and have lovingly included the feature in some fantastic games.
2015's Best Video Games For Local Co-Op
- Star Wars: Battlefront - With stunning visuals and some truly remarkable sound design, [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021) puts you right in the middle of some massive battles. It also gives friends the option of playing survival missions side by side. Lots of fun to be had.
- Black Ops 3 - Activision has continued to support local multiplayer with their Call Of Duty franchise, and seeing as Black Ops 3 features one of the best zombie modes out there, this is one you and your mates might want to check out!
- Rocket league - Quite literally one of the best games of the year. A remarkable accomplishment, Rocket League can support up to 4 players locally and it's one of the most satisfying couch co-op games ever made. An instant classic.
- PES 2016 - This remarkable football sim demonstrates that the champ has returned. PES 2016 is an exceptional game, one that has even forced me (not a football fan whatsoever) to purchase the game. Hours of frustrating fun to be had locally!
- FIFA 16 - If PES isn't your football game, well, there's always FIFA 16.
- Helldivers - This is genuinely one of the best multiplayer games of the year. Helldivers is an exhilarating experience, one that allows up to 4 players to engage in some of the most intense combat situations you're likely to find in 2015.
- Mortal Kombat X - The best fighting game of 2015. How could this not be on a couch co-op list?! Well... it's not really co-op... but you can play on the couch at the same time, okay?!
- Splatoon - Winner of the Best Multiplayer award at the Game Awards, Splatoon is one of Nintendo's most original creations and we adore it. You can enjoy Splatoon with one other friend - one on the Wii U gamepad, the other on the TV.
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - I never liked Borderlands, until I played it with a friend that is. This shooter RPG series is so enjoyable with a friend by your side and now with the Handsome Collection, it looks better than ever!
- Guitar Hero Live - Guitar Hero has returned and it was worth the wait. The new controller brings us closer to the experience of playing a guitar and gives us some of the toughest challenges the series has ever thrown our way. A lot of fun with a buddy by your side!
- Rock Band 4 - Not a Guitar Hero fan? There's always Rock Band 4, which will allow 4 of you to rock out together.
- Forza Motorsport 6 - Probably the best driving game of 2015, Forza Motorsport 6 is a fantastic title that allows you and a friend to race against one another on an insane amount of tracks.
- Lego Dimensions - The Lego franchise has always boasted some great co op games, but Lego Dimensions could be one of the best. With a great story, tons of famous IPs, and some challenging puzzles, this a great co-operative game to dive into.
Have Any Couch Co Op Suggestions?
There's our list of the best that 2015 had to offer. But what about you guys? Are there any games out there that deserve to be on a list of the best couch co op titles? If so, please let us know in the comments below!