Now that [Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens](tag:711158) has been unleashed upon the world, we're all beginning to bask in the glory of the series' new planets, ships, events and lovable characters. But having these new additions solely in Star Wars 7 just isn't enough. Therefore, we're intrigued as to whether we'll see The Force Awakens appear in the likes of Star Wars: Battlefront and additional Star Wars products.
For those that have purchased the Season Pass for Battlefront, EA has 4 expansion packs lined up for you in the near future. We'll receive 20 new pieces of galactic weapons, vehicles and Star Cards, as well as 16 additional maps, 4 new modes, and 4 additional Star Wars heroes and villains. But will they all appear from the The Force Awakens? Could the previous trilogy feature in some of the expansion packs?
Star Wars: Battlefront - DLC Expansions
So far, EA and DICE have focused on George Lucas' original trilogy, but previous Battlefront titles gave us everything from Ewoks to Gungans - fan favorites all round. Therefore, we're wondering whether content from The Force Awakens and The Clone Wars will feature in DLC releases for Battlefront, or whether Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is going to focus on the other trilogies. Which would you prefer?
The Force Awakens
Think of the content that Star Wars Episode 7 could bring us!
- Characters - Finn, Rey, Kylo Ren, Old Han, Old Chewie, Captain Phasma.
- Maps & Locations - D'Qar, the home the Resistance. Takodana, home to Maz Kanata and many beautiful cities. And the Starkiller base, which could feature maps inside The First Order's command center, or in the forested areas of certain lightsaber battles.
- Ships & Weapons - Rey's staff, the stormtrooper staff, the new lightsabers, and the various blasters peppered throughout The Force Awakens. Additionally, we could have the new Tie Fighters & X-Wings, Kylo Ren's awesome Imperial Shuttle, the Millenium Falcon, and Rey's speeder.
Would these be enough to satisfy you in an expansion for Star Wars: Battlefront? Or did the previous trilogy offer a lot more variety?
The Clone Wars
While these films are best left forgotten, playing as the various creations from George Lucas' final trilogy has always been a blast(er). There are so many possibilities for Star Wars: Battlefront.
- Characters & Units - We have the new stormtroopers, we have the droids (which includes Droidekas and Assault Droids), there's young Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Anakin, Padme, Darth Maul, and many more.
- Maps & Locations - There are tons of places from The Clone Wars era where battles could take place in Star Wars: Battlefront too. Coruscant, Naboo, Mustafar, Geonosis, Kamino, and Kashyyk.
- Ships and Weapons - Also, there almost too many ships and weapons from The Clone Wars era that could feature here. Podracers, AA battle tanks, Delta Jedi Starfighter, Naboo starfighters, staps, swoops, and V-wing fighters.
So, which films would you like to see feature in future DLC packs for [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021)? Does The Clone Wars tickle your fancy, or do you want the chance to engage with The Force Awakens? Let us know where you stand in the comments below!