Despite The Big Bang Theory being on the air for a massive 9 seasons, and almost 200 episodes, the sitcom shows no sign of stopping, frequently topping ratings lists and starring some of the highest paid actors in Hollywood.
The show returns next year for the second half of Season 10 and also an unbelievable 11th season so it only seems appropriate to prepare for its return by checking out some of the weird and totally geeky pieces of Big Bang trivia. Take a look:
7. Despite being a fictional TV show, there is a cast member with a PhD!
Mayim Bialik (Dr. Amy Fowler) earned her PhD in neuroscience in 2007! She also has a Bachelor of Science in Hebrew studies and Jewish studies.
6. Jim Parsons (Sheldon) has never actually seen 'Star Trek' or 'Doctor Who'
Oh Jim, what would Sheldon say?!
5. There is a type of bee named after the show!
This may sound crazy, but there's a species of Brazilian orchid bee named the Euglossa bazinga.
4. The actors actually learned to play their characters instruments!
Mayim Bialik learned to play the harp, Jim Parsons learned to play the theremen and Johnny Galecki (Leonard) learned the cello!
3. Leonard's glasses often have no glass in them
Much like his character, Johnny Galecki also has terrible eyesight, but instead opts to wear contact lenses. Therefore Leonard's glasses often don't have any actual glass in them at all.
2. In real life Raj (Kunal Nayyar) is married to a former Miss India!
In the show, Raj has trouble speaking to girls, but in real life it appears that Kunal Nayyar has no such issue!
1. Penny's last name is a mystery
We know the last names of all other characters, but Penny's is still a mystery. However, the show's co-creator, Bill Prady, has said that the show will reveal Penny's surname eventually.
Who's your favorite Big Bang Theory