Hey Folks, the Part Time Podcast is back with another episode, our season 2 Premiere. In this episode we cover a variety of topics from this week’s news and the upcoming slate of our favorite and not so favorite TV shows.
- The Flash- Returning January 19th
- Agent Carter- Returning January 19th
- Arrow- Returning January 20th
- Legends of Tomorrow- Premiering January 21
- DareDevil- Returning March 18th
The meat of the Podcast however centers on our first (of many, hopefully) superhero drafts. In this, we are taking the basic plot line of a non-comic book film, and inserting a team of superheroes from both Marvel and DC.
The Premise: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Quickly, a synopsis from the actual film: "With the IMF now disbanded and Ethan Hunt out in the cold, a new threat -- called the Syndicate -- soon emerges. The Syndicate is a network of highly skilled operatives who are dedicated to establishing a new world order via an escalating series of terrorist attacks. Faced with what may be the most impossible mission yet, Ethan gathers his team and joins forces with Ilsa Faust, a disavowed British agent who may or may not be a member of this deadly rogue nation"
Ethan Hunt has been injured and is not capable of taking part in the action of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Ethan must hire a team of superheroes to prove that the syndicate exists and take them out.
The Draft Results
- Batman- The ultimate detective, leader, financer
- Luke Cage- Bulletproof, front line combat
- Green Arrow- Sharpshooter, financer
- Oracle- Tech/hacking, behind the scenes help
- Daredevil- Stealth, combat, and lawyer just in case things go bad.
- Dick Grayson- Super spy/Ethan Hunt Type
- Deadpool- 4th wall breaker, wild card, ninja
- Snake Eyes- Stealthy ninja
- Forge- Tech/Hacking, expertise
- The Flash- Retrieves lost items, can get in and out with no issue, can run through solid matter
So there you have it. Who do you think had the better draft? Decide our fate in the poll below.
The full episode can be found on either Podomatic or Itunes by clicking one of the links below.
As always, thank you for reading or listening and feel free to contact, follow, secretly admire, or loathe entirely at the various links below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @parttimecast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parttimepodcast/
- Itunes: https://itun.es/us/BMuq-.c
- Podomatic: http://theparttimepodcast.podomatic.com/