Star Wars: Battlefront is a flawed FPS, there's no way around it. But despite this fact, I've managed to rack up dozens of hours between its singleplayer and multiplayer modes, and I'm still having fun.
However, I'm interested to know what Star Wars: Battlefront's 4 DLC packs will introduce into the series and whether some of the most requested fixes for the game will join the new maps, planets, weapons, heroes, and villains that we've been promised.
As we've recently uncovered, ground to space vehicular combat doesn't look like anything that Battlefront's DLC will be able to provide. We'll have to wait for Star Wars: Battlefront 2 in that department. However, there are more pressing issues with the game that need to be addressed by DICE, either with one of the DLC packs in the future, or in a patch. Let's examine them.
Star Wars: Battlefront - Fixes & Add-Ons For Battlefront 2 & DLC Packs
As we know, [Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens](tag:711158) will NOT be featuring in any of the DLC packs for Battlefront. DICE and EA have made it clear that the original trilogy is the main focus for this particular installment. No Clone Wars either, I'm afraid. So when it comes to heroes and villains, we have a few ideas for who could feature:
- Heroes: Obi Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca (confirmed in Battlefront), Lando Calrissian, Old Yoda.
- Villains: Bossk, Greedo, a Tuskan Raider, and perhaps a strengthened version of a normal trooper.
What about you guys? Have any suggestions for further heroes and villains?
In terms of additional add-ons, fans would like to see increased customization options for troops, more weapons, more maps, more players cards, and more interesting modes. While Battlefront has a fair few modes, I myself only stick to about 4 or 5 of them at most. Then we also have the fixes. Please, DICE, get a handle on this stuff:
- Spawn Locations: There are two issues I have with this feature. When you die, you often respawn at a rather ridiculous distance from the battle. It can take so long to get back into the action on maps like Hoth, Endor, and Jakku. Additionally, spawning locations or often ridiculous, sometimes dropping players into locations like this!
- Damage Balancing: A lot of people are complaining about the variations of damage that the weapons cause in Battlefront. For instance, Han Solo's blaster is seen as a gun that needs serious nerfing. I agree, even the most experienced players return to that weapon. What was the point in unlocking the others then?
- Servers: When we heard that Star Wars: Battlefront wasn't going to have a server browser, a lot of us were quick to express our dismay. Players often find themselves waiting for a game that never starts, or arriving in the middle of a low-populated battle. I also hate arriving in a game that's almost finished (but that could be just me). We need fixes.
Another feature that was briefly discussed was the inclusion of AI players in online matches. Personally, I'm happy with it being nothing but actual players, but where do you stand on the issue? Also, Battlefront needs a lot more when it comes to offline options. Why can't we run around any of the maps we choose with a friend by our side as we fight hordes of AIs? That'd be sweet! Instead we're limited to training and survival missions. Offline singleplayer needs far more available content. Possible DLC feature?
Fixes & Updates That YOU Want in DLC Or Battlefront 2
But what about you guys? What would you like to see changed about [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021), either through a patch or along with its DLC? It's too long to wait for Star Wars: Battlefront 2 in terms of leaving certain fixes up to a second installment. We need issues addressed now. Because I want to like this game a lot more than I do, and it does have that potential. Can DICE and EA realize it?