A key component of any good film is a gripping soundtrack. Sure, good visual effects, characters, and plot elements are essential, but it all falls flat if it's not accompanied by a score which suits the emotions, the tensions, and the mood of the scene.
Movies like The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Knight, and Interstellar are a few of my personal favourites in this aspect. The music accompanying these movies bring forth a new depth in the characters and story, and describes the emotions of the movie to the audience.
This appears to be the case for could probably be THE most anticipated movie of 2016 (and of all time for many) - Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. With director Zack Snyder, who is known for his beautiful action sequences and his vivid visuals at the helm, an equally fitting soundtrack is to be expected to commemorate the appearance of the Trinity, as they share a screen in live action for the first time ever. And who better than the legendary composer Hans Zimmer, along with the masterful Junkie XL to fulfil the job?
WaterTower Music, WB's official music department, has released a sneak peek of the kind of soundtrack we will see (or listen to, in this case) during the movie. Check it out below:
*Shivers* Sorry about that, listening to this just sent chills down my spine. The track includes a mixture of some of the music from Man of Steel (which had an awesome soundtrack by the way), as well as some extremely fast drums playing in the background to show signs of aggression.
Titled "Their War Here", it sounds as if this takes place during the flashback scene in the Battle of Metropolis between Superman and General Zod. Possibly set to appear towards the beginning of the movie, it should provide an excellent start!
WaterTower also released the full titles of all the scores set to appear in the movie. Check them out:
Their War Here
The Red Capes Are Coming
Day Of The Dead
Must There Be A Superman?
Do You Bleed?
Problems Up Here
Black and Blue
Is She With You?
This Is My World
Men Are Still Good (The Batman Suite)
Blood Of My Blood (Bonus Track)
Vigilante (Bonus Track)
May I Help You, Mr. Wayne? (Bonus Track)
They Were Hunters (Bonus Track)
Fight Night (Bonus Track)
A few interesting points to note:
- The Red Capes Are Coming: This line spoken by Lex Luthor at the end of the second trailer left many people confused. Its interesting that the whole 3:31 track is named after this line, which means that it might hold a hidden meaning we don't know yet.
- Must There Be A Superman?: The world debates on whether or not Superman is a hero.
- Do You Bleed?: Looks like the iconic showdown will finally happen around this point, where Batman utters the menacing "Do you bleed" line from the trailers!
- Black and Blue: The World's Finest go full on against each other.
- Tuesday: What!? What kind of a title is "Tuesday"!? Honestly, this one is quite mysterious. This could possibly be the theme for Doomsday's introduction in my opinion, as it is closer towards the end. A mysterious one for sure.
- Is She With You?: This looks like it might be Wonder Woman's theme music, as the latest trailer showed, Batman and Superman have a small exchange as Wonder Woman jumps into the battle against Doomsday.
- This Is My World: What I believe to be the final few moments of the battle against Doomsday, as the Trinity defeat/kill/suppress him somehow.
- Men Are Still Good (The Batman Suite): Finally! The Batman theme we've all been waiting for! I can't wait to see what Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL have in store for us. It's a stunning 14:03 long!
Blood Of My Blood: Another confusing one here. The only possible connection (a little far-fetched) I could think of was that it could be a reference to these words spoken by Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo, in the hit TV series Game of Thrones. He will also be playing Aquaman in this movie, so it could possibly (a very very slight chance) be Aquaman's theme.
Another theory is that it's during the scene when Lex Luthor experiments on Zod's body, since Superman and Zod are from the same planet, but that's even more unlikely.
Thirdly, it could be a flashback to someone from Batman's past, specifically - Jason Todd. Since we DO see the Robin suit primarily in the trailer, it's got to have some significance, right?
Oh, I just can't wait for this movie to come out. Let March 25 be here already!! Till then, you can watch this extended TV spot below, which is full of awesomeness, involving Superman threatening Batman, and typically, Batman threatens him back. But hey, in his defence, Superman wrecked his car!
Feel free to leave feedback in the comments. Liked this article? Check out my other ones, and make sure to follow my page for more content (it will be appreciated)!