So I was re-watching the Spongebob movie today on netflix, you know, the good one. Made in 2004 I think. Yeah that one, and I didn't even have to go past the first half hour to know why this movie would be rated R if it was made in modern times.
Like all cartoons, there are hidden jokes and innuendos that only adults would get. Thats fine. But this movie takes it to a whole new level. But this film, made 12 years ago, got a PG rating! Now I know you're thinking "Well its just a cartoon, and it's spongebob! Aren't you over thinking this?" Damn right i'm over thinking it, but i'm having fun.
Within the first half our of the film, this is what I have noticed:
- Spondgebob slapping Mr. Krabsabs
- Spongebob puts himself into squidwards shower w/o consent
Three attempted murders:
- Spondgebob getting kicked out of a window
- spongebob stepping on and scrapping plankton on the ground
- King Neptune trying to fry Mr. Krabs
Four accounts of nudity:
- Sponge butt
- Full frontal patrick
- Patrick butt
- Full frontal Mr. Krabs
- A lot to list, but one specific one is plankton looks an evil plan, and opens it like a porno trifold!
Two accounts of political incorrectness:
- Mr. Krabs saying only a man can run a business
- Using depression as part of a joke at SpongeBobs expense.
And the two main characters getting drunk/hungover at a bar.
This was in the first Half hour!
I haven't even watched the rest of the film yet, I paused to watch this, but golly me there is a lot.
I know there is more, I remember SpongeBob and Patrick being tortured to death, I remember David hasslehoffs boobies, and I bet there is even more! I tell you, this movie would not get made if it was pitched in today society. But, it is a great movie, and I love it dearly, I grew up on SpongeBob, and I'm glad this movie was made. I just think that, innuendos are one thing, but this, this went all out. I tip my metaphorical hat the the team of people who brought this movie into assistance. Thank you.