Roll on another year that's set to be packed with some amazing movies, especially superheroes! Here are my top 10 most anticipated for the year.
10. Gods Of Egypt - It looks cheesy good fun, with some terrific landscape effects and some awesome fantasy monsters, yet some awkward looking green screen placements, Gods Of Egypt could be a so bad it's good or just bad, either way, the trailer had me intrigued and the cast line-up is pretty decent.
9. Batman Vs. Superman - Dawn Of Justice - Though I'm concerned it may be too overcrowded, this epic assemble of some of DC's biggest characters could well be the coolest and most epic standoff of the year. I cannot wait to see Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, and watch the events unfold in this busy looking superhero adventure.
8. Captain America: Civil War - This looks like it's set to be Avengers 3. No complaints, the line-up of Marvel characters here is insane with newcomers and a story that is sure to change the tides and overall arching narrative of this epic superhero franchise.
7. Ghostbusters - Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon taking on the roles of the famous ghost hunting team, an all female reboot is a great direction to go in, and it's in safe hands with Paul Feig who directed Spy, Bridesmaids and The Heat.
6. The Boy - I love horror, and this one is definitely a must-see in my eyes. I'm just hoping it's actually scary and compelling, we need some solid mainstream horrors.
5. The Disaster Artist - With The Room being one of the best so bad it's good films, and just overall entertaining for all the wrong reasons, a film about the making of The Room just has me gleaming with joy. The casting is spot on and the early behind the scenes shots are brilliant, with Franco looking just like Tommy Wiseau.
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out Of The Shadows - I surprisingly enjoyed the first film, despite a weak storyline and some questionable dialogue, it packed some fun action sequences and humour with good performances from Megan Fox, Will Arnett and the turtles themselves. The new trailer is out, the cast is bigger, the action looks bigger and hopefully, there'll be more focus on the title characters with a stronger story.
3. Star Trek Beyond - The reboots are terrific, Into Darkness being a particular favourite. In this upcoming third film, the crew of the Enterprise become stranded on a hostile planet. Justin Lin is directing, so expect big action scenes, intense fights and a whole host of new characters, and I can't wait for Pine, Saldana, Pegg and more to return!
2. Suicide Squad - New trailer released this week! I am super excited to see this huge array of bad guys work for the government, the story hasn't really been given away much and I like the secrecy and lack of knowing, just the amount of insanely talented actors taking on these dark roles, with David Ayer directing!
1. Deadpool - Supposedly ultra violent, graphic and offensive, no trailer has hooked me and excited me more for a film this year than Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds, from going off the promos, has nailed it. The fights, the fourth wall breaks, one liners and assemble of terrific actors including Reynolds, Ed Skrein and Gina Carano, the anticipation is high for this one. I am betting now it may be one of the best films we see all year, and that's a big statement to make so early.
What are you most looking forward to this year?