This will be the first of many articles in a series I am starting called Opinion. These articles will be my (personal) review about a movie. In these articles I will go very in depth in the movie so BEWARE, there will be SPOILERS!
This first review will be on the movie Pan. Last night, I watched the movie Pan for the first time, and I have to admit, it wasn't half bad. But there were a lot problems in it:
Things I didn't like about 'Pan':
1. The backstory was too complicated - So for the first hour of the movie I was wondering if Blackbeard was Peter's father, but the last half hour brought me too think that he isn't, then the last 15 minutes brought me to think that he is. Anyway it was way too complicated.
2. Too many predictable moments/clichés - Almost every moment and everything that happened in this movie was soooooo predictable.
3. The dialogue - ugh, it was just, so... Vague.
4. Peter Pan (The character) - I don't mind Levi Miller (who played Peter Pan), but I didn't like how they made his character annoying.
Plot problems with 'Pan':
1. How'd they get the pirate ships into the fairyland or whatever it is? They weren't there before they got in.
2. How did Hook know where Peter and Tiger Lily were and how'd he know how to get to fairyland?
3. At the beginning of the movie the Pirates took all of the children from the foster home, but when Peter returned there at the end, they were all there again.
4. It was VERY similar to Harry Potter.
What I liked about 'Pan':
1. Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard.
2. Pretty good CG.
3. It was "fun" at times.
4. It was a prequel to 'Hook'.
5. The movie overall.
Funny moments: 5/10
Musical Score: 4/10
My rating: 6/10
Overall Score: 7/10
Thanks for reading my very first review on this page! More to come!