Today, after a two-month wait, EA has revealed its upcoming DLC for [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021); this not only includes January but also a glimpse of things to come until Fall of 2016. Here is the official list of new game features:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
They promise a new survival mission on Hoth and a brand-new Hoth map that will support larger game modes suchs as Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Regarding Turning Point, on the February update, they will make this game mode available on all maps that currently support Supremacy and Walker Assault.
In March, they will add a new multiplayer Endor map that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy and Turning Point, as well as a new Tatooine Survival map.
Furthermore, they revealed snippets of what the Season Pass will contain and revealed new content will be added up to early 2017:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
What do you think these mysterious new packs will contain aside from the new maps? A lot of people have been wondering which new heroes we´ll get, but if we go from their previous statement of focusing exclusively on the Original Trilogy for this installment in the series, it´s quite obvious we´ll have Yoda, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Are you satisfied with the new DLC been given to us after such a long wait? Glitch your comment below!