On January 27th of last year, Techland released one of the most surprising games of 2015. The presence of zombies in popular culture is exhausting. From The Walking Dead to just about every video game franchise, they're hard to escape (even though they're renowned for being quite slow). But somehow, Techland managed to pull off the impossible.
Dying Light is actually a fantastic zombie game, and generally just an excellent product. The inclusion of parkour mechanics, a decent story, an exciting open-world, and an innovative day/night mechanic enabled Techland to create one of 2015's great hits at a time when video game releases are slow. Now the Polish company is set to execute the same release strategy with an expansion, The Following, which I maintain you need in your life.
Dying Light Gets Its First DLC Expansion, The Following
Moviepilot had the pleasure of playing Dying Light's DLC expansion at last year's Gamescom event in Köln. Techland were proud of the response to their latest product, and were more than happy to show us what they had in the pipeline. If you missed out on Dying Light last January, then you sadly missed one of the best games of 2015's early months. But it's not too late, and if you pick up the game's Enhanced Edition (with the DLC intact), here are all of the extra features you can expect to enjoy on top of the normal package thanks to The Following:
- A new map, which is twice the size of the base game, packed with tons of locations and thousands of zombies.
- Drivable vehicles. Hallelujah. In The Following you'll be able to tear up the streets and run-down some enemies in all-terrain dirt buggies, which you can upgrade and smack all sorts of weapons on to.
- A new story, which will delve deeper into the narrative of the game's protagonist Kyle Crane, while allowing us to explore the outback region of Harran where we'll encounter a mysterious new cult.
- 4-player co-op. Probably the greatest feature that this DLC is introducing is the ability to achieve all of the above with 3 other friends by your side. It's time to unleash absolute chaos.
The Following will be released for the XBOX One, PS4 and PC on February 9th and we honestly cannot wait for this gaming lull to come to an end. Let's start 2016 the same way that 2015 began, with a surprisingly awesome zombie adventure. Bring it on 2016, we're ready for you! Here are some of the other releases we cannot wait to try this month:
- Black Ops 3: Awakening - releases for Xbox One, PS4 and PC on February 2nd.
- XCOM 2 - releases on February 5th for PC.
- [Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4](tag:3755113) - releases for Xbox One, PS4 and PC on February 5th.
- Unravel - releases for Xbox One, PC and PS4 on February 9th.