Over fifty years worth of James Bond films have provided audiences with a plethora of original songs, most of which have endured as classics, and in several cases have proven to be popular even if the films for which they were written are considered lesser Bond entries.
Here are my choices for the 10 best songs of 007's escapades.
10. "For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
09. "Diamonds Are Forever" by Shirley Bassey - Diamonds Are Forever
08. "Live and Let Die" by Paul McCartney & Wings - Live and Let Die
07. "GoldenEye" by Tina Turner - GoldenEye
06. "You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell - Casino Royale
05. "Licence to Kill" by Gladys Knight - Licence to Kill
04. "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran - A View to a Kill
03. "Skyfall' by Adele - Skyfall
02. Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
01. "Nobody Does It Better" by Carly Simon - The Spy Who Loved Me
While Daniel Craig's time as 007 is potentially nearing an end, Jame Bond has proven to be a character whose exploits will continue to excite (and occasionally disappoint) audiences for generations. Along with the many classic Bond tropes, from beautiful women to inventive if not ridiculous gadgets, the music and songs accompanying each Bond film will all but certainly remain an important component of the series' winning formula.