For fans of the famous fighting game franchise, February 1st was quite a big day. The Smash Bros. competitive fighting community, Smash Boards, released the first official tier list for Super Smash Bros For Wii U. Recently, the final 2 characters, Bayonetta from her self-titled franchise, and Corrin, the lead protagonist from Fire Emblem: Fates, were released, and are not included in the tier list.
Here is the current tier list in its entirety:
- S: Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Rosalina & Luma
- A: Ryu, Pikachu, Sonic, Fox, Mario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight
- B: Villager, Cloud, Ness
- C: Captain Falcon, Yoshi
- D: Luigi, Dark Pit, Pit, Peach, R.O.B., Wario, Toon Link, Lucario
- E: Captain Olimar, Greninja, Ike, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Bowser, Robin
- F: Roy, Kirby, Bowser Jr., Mr. Game & Watch, Lucas, Mewtwo, Falco, Wii Fit Trainer
- G: Shulk, Marth, Link, Duck Hunt, Little Mac, Dr. Mario
- H: King Dedede, Lucina
- I: Mii Brawler, Charizard, Palutena
- J: Samus, Mii Gunner, Mii Swordfighter, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Zelda
Keep in mind that even though your favorite character may be in a lower tier, that doesn't mean you should stop playing them. One of the best parts of fighting game tier lists is proving other players wrong. Who knows, your actions may even help earn your character a higher rank on the tier list! If you want to join in the conversation, you can find the Smash Boards website here.