This is the quiz you're looking for . . .
A STAR WARS BIBLE QUIZ
by guest blogger D. A. Buckna
The Force Awakens, the long-awaited seventh instalment in the Star Wars saga, opened in theaters December 17, 2015.
In several interviews, Star Wars creator George Lucas has said he was influenced, in part, by elements of mythology, philosophy and religion.
Although the basic religious schema of Star Wars is Eastern (i.e. elements of Taoism and Buddhism), what follows is a 70 question quiz that examines the intergalactic saga through a biblical lens.
[Warning: If you are among the small minority on planet Earth who have not yet seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens, please be advised that this quiz contains spoilers from the film.]
1. In The Phantom Menace, Anakin Skywalker asks her: "Are you an angel?" Who is she?
2. Who is Anakin's father?
3. Who says it was "the will of the Force" that he found Anakin?
4. True or False? George Lucas added "midi-chlorians" to actor Liam Neeson's script after flipping through the Bible and noticing this verse: "If you will do this – if you will arm yourselves before the LORD – He will drive out the Midichlorians before Him, never to return." (Numbers 37: 20-21)
5. The Creature Effects crew led by Nick Dudman created this character's facial features from those common in popular depictions of the devil. Name him.
6. Padmé's personal pilot, Ric Olié, tells Anakin: "The entire planet is one big city." Which planet?
7. Yoda tells Anakin: "Fear leads to _________ ."
8. True or False? The character Jar Jar Binks was based on the incompetent Pharisee Jar Ben-Meesa, who botched the arrest of the apostle Paul in the book of Acts.
9. In Attack Of The Clones, which planet has catacombs located beneath the rocky surface?
10. When Obi-Wan asks for help to locate the planet Kamino, Yoda turns to the younglings. One of them says Kamino is missing because "someone erased it from the Archive memory." What does Yoda then say to Obi-Wan?
11. How many "units" (clone troopers) does Prime Minister Lama Su tell Obi-Wan are ready?
12. Who were the troopers cloned from?
13. The CGI animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008-2014) is set between which two Star Wars films?
14. In Clone Wars Season 6, Yoda encounters Darth Bane's spirit in the final episode, entitled Sacrifice. Which actor voiced Darth Bane?
15. In Revenge Of The Sith, he tells Anakin: "Death is a natural part of life." Name him.
16. Anakin says: "I know there are things about the Force that they're not telling me." To whom is he speaking?
17. He tells Padmé: "Anakin has turned to the dark side . . . He was deceived by a lie. We all were." Name him.
18. Name the volcanic planet where the climactic battle takes place between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.
19. What's the title of the CGI animated TV movie that serves as the premiere for the TV series Star Wars Rebels (2014)?
20. Star Wars Rebels is set before the events of A New Hope. How many years before?
21. Name the 15-year-old from Lothal who becomes Padawan to Kanan Jarrus.
22. In A New Hope, when Obi-wan Kenobi first asks Luke to go with him to Alderaan, what is Luke's response?
23. What does the name Luke mean in Greek?
24. Which freighter made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs?
25. In the original theatrical release of A New Hope (1977), did Greedo fire his blaster at Han?
26. During his duel with Darth Vader, who brings his light saber to the neutral position, and offers himself as a sacrifice to save others?
27. During the filming of A New Hope, what other film set did an out-of-control R2-D2 wander onto?
28. Who was taller: Chewbacca or Goliath?
29. In The Star Wars Holiday Special (CBS, 1978), what song does Princess Leia sing?
30. In The Empire Strikes Back, Yoda says the energy of the Force "surrounds us and binds us." In Colossians 1:17, this author wrote: "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Name the author.
31. What does Yoda have in common with Jacob (Genesis 25)?
32. Luke tells him: "I can't believe it." Who is he speaking to?
33. Yoda's name is possibly derived from what Hebrew word?
34. Who narrates the 1984 made-for-TV movie, Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure?
35. What's the homeworld of the Ewoks?
36. Who did Wilfred Brimley play in the 1985 made-for-TV sequel?
37. In Return Of The Jedi, what causes Han to go temporarily blind?
38. He tells Darth Vader: "Never. I'll never turn to the dark side." Who is he?
39. Who lived longer: Yoda or Methuselah?
40. Who betrayed Han Solo to save Cloud City from the wrath of Darth Vader?
41. C-3PO says: "It's against my programming to impersonate a deity." Does he say it to Han, Luke, or Wicket?
42. In The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, which letters are found on Darth Vader's armour chest plate?
43. What's the first line of dialogue in The Force Awakens?
44. Which four colors are visible on the astromech droid, BB-8?
45. What chain does Lor San Tekka wear around his neck?
46. In Rey's Survival Guide (2016), she says if you follow it, eventually you come to the Sacred Villages on the far side of Kelvin Ravine. Follow what?
47. Kylo Ren tells Lor San Tekka: "Look how old you've become." What is San Tekka's reply?
48. Ren orders Captain Phasma to kill all the villagers. Name the village.
49. Who first calls FN-2187 "Finn"?
50. How many portions (survival rations) does Unkar Plutt offer Rey in exchange for BB-8?
51. What color was the powder Rey dumped into a tin half full of pure water?
52. How old was Rey when she made an Alliance pilot doll out of a flight uniform she found in a cargo container?
53. What does Kylo Ren do immediately after learning BB-8 escaped capture aboard a stolen freighter?
54. D'Qar, the planet which serves as the base of the Resistance, is located in what system?
55. How many years has Maz Kanata played host to travellers and smugglers at her castle?
56. Kylo Ren says: "Forgive me. I feel it again . . . the call to the light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again the power of the darkness, and I will let nothing stand in our way." Who does Kylo believe he is talking to, when he says this?
57. Although Maz wears variable lens corrective goggles, her eyes hold a special power. What power?
58. He tells Rey: "I'm not Resistance. I'm not a hero. I'm a stormtrooper. Like all of them, I was taken from a family I'll never know, and raised to do one thing." Who is he?
59. Rey has a mysterious vision in the castle's basement. In the book of Revelation, who has a vision of the future?
60. When the vision ends, Rey falls to the floor, and hears a voice telling her "these are your first steps." Whose voice?
61. In The Force Awakens, what does Han say to Leia upon seeing her at the base?
62. Someone tells Kylo Ren: "You. You're afraid . . . that you will never be as strong as Darth Vader!" Who says this?
63. Provide the three missing words from C-3PO: "And their weapon will be fully charged in ten minutes! It would ____ ____ ____ to save us now!"
64. What was Kylo Ren's birth name?
65. A droid exclaims: "Thank the Maker!" Is it C-3PO, HURID-327, or PZ-4CO?
66. What "good news" did R2-D2 contain?
67. On what planet did Luke go into exile, after his new generation of Jedi were killed?
68. Where was the final scene with Daisy Ridley (Rey) and Mark Hamill (Luke) filmed?
69. The novelization of Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens with a quotation from what journal?
70. Which Star Wars movie did Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau say was his "true number one"?
The answers to the above questions, including supplemental information, will be posted here on Multi Facet Fables very soon. Below the answers will be a reference section of Star Wars related websites, articles, videos, audio files, and assorted miscellany. Keep checking back. And may the Force be with you!
Photo credit: A scene from Cosmic Christmas, produced by Liquid Church, Mountainside, NJ (2015). Go to liquidchurch.com
Copyright 2016 by D. A. Buckna. All rights reserved. Used by permission. To suggest a Star Wars related website or article, or to enquire about biblical pop culture Q & A's for radio, television, newspapers, magazines, or e-zines, contact D. A. Buckna at: [email protected]