DICE and EA are set to release a Star Wars: Battlefront patch in February that'll introduce some joyous (and much needed) updates to certain gameplay features. We'll also be getting a new Survival Mission on Hoth and a brand new Hoth multiplayer map, as well as the Turning Point mode expanding to other giant maps.
There's also the promise of DLC to anticipate. The first Star Wars: Battlefront DLC pack, entitled 'Outer Rim', is set to release in March for XBOX One, PS4 and PC. We'll be able to fight amongst the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine. But rather than just having new content, there are updates to existing gear and such that need DICE's attention.
Star Wars Battlefront & The Updates We Need From DLC Packs
There are some glaring issues in what could be labelled as a pretty mediocre Triple A title. We previously saw that weapons like the DL-44 and Bowcaster were beyond powerful, as well as hero and villain vehicles in Fighter Squadron. Thankfully these have been nerfed. This was certainly necessary, but if this game is to be seriously improved then these fan requests need to be heeded.
- Level 100 - Once you reach level 50 and can purchase that sweet Shadow Trooper or Twi'Lek appearance, there's not really an incentive to keep going. We need a new level cap and a lot more appearances.
- Jump Pack Slot - I still feel this game has massive issues with spawning locations. On some maps you are pushed so far back from the fight that it boarders the ridiculous. Therefore, the jump pack is always needed in your loadout. Can't we have a slot just for it then, so that we can equip extra weapons and create more chaos?
- That A-Wing Problem - We desperately need a fix on the A-Wing hit box. I don't know about you guys, but almost every time I uncover that I'm aiming at an A-Wing in Fighter Squadron, I disengage. Why bother?
- More Speed For Rebels - The Rebels are seriously lacking in the vehicle department. Whereas on Walker Assault the Empire can have Tie Fighters, AT-ATs and AT-STs, the Rebels are generally stuck with just X-Wings or a late upgrade to a speeder. Can we see more vehicles in general, DICE?
- Servers - If I join one more game where the opposing team has over double the amount of players that we do, I'll lose it. Please fix the appalling server issues.
- Better Heroes & Villains - To be honest, I can't stand playing as the villains in Battlefront. Vader is slow, Palpatine is generally useless and Boba Fett...actually he's alright. But in comparison with the heroes side they're a frustrating bunch. We need better move sets for villains in future DLC packs!
We're looking forward to seeing how this game develops and whether the promised DLC packs will actually satisfy the desires of millions. Oh and we'd like to welcome all those who reached level 50 over the course of the double XP weekend :D
But what about you guys? Any other suggestions for ways to improve DICE's [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021)? Then let us know in the comments below!