Leo DiCaprio is, undoubtedly, one of the most iconic Hollywood celebrities and he has earned the love of millions of people around the globe by just being himself. He is a healthy person and knows he's place in the world and we really couldn't be happier to have such a role model.
In honor of his so long deserved oscar here are 50 amazing quotes said by him in and off-screen.
1. I've managed to keep a clear head and remain sane in this business because I remain a kid off-camera
2. I realise that I do not change the course of history. I am an actor, I do a movie, that's the end of it. You have to realise we are just clowns for hire. After I had success it was great, at first, not to worry about money. It was on my mind when I was growing up.
3. I prefer ordinary girls - you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn't mean we are dating.
4. My dad's probably one of the kindest people in the world. When I was younger that's not how I was- I was a little spoiled brat.
5. Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.
6. My career should adapt to me. Fame is like a VIP pass wherever you want to go.
7. I've been planted here to be a vessel for acting... That's why I'm really taking any part, regardless of how complicated it's going to be.
8. Don't think for a moment that I'm really like any of the characters I've played. I'm not. That's why it's called 'acting'.
9. Brothers don't necessarily have to say anything to each other - they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.
10. I was always the kid in school who tried to get attention, not necessarily the class clown, but I'd do little unexpected performances.
11. I like to be able to play a character and act out a lot of things which I can't or don't do in my normal everyday life.
12. My father, George, has also affected the choices in my life regarding films. I like films that take chances or say something different or experiment. Growing up with him, I was surrounded by different artists - not just actors or film-makers but cartoonists, poets, writers.
13. I'm probably not going to get married unless I live with somebody for 10 or 20 years. But these people (Romeo and Juliet) took a chance and they did it. We don't have the balls that Romeo did.
14. Meryl Streep does things I would never have thought possible... Her presence on screen is outstanding.
15. I just want to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully people will watch my movies.
16. If I want to go to a party with a few male friends, it doesn't mean I'm gay.
17. To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.
18. It's easy to fall into the trap of believing all the hype that's written about you... Who knows? In a couple of years, you might find me in the loony bin!
19. I have learned from my experiences in this industry that there is absolutely no way to control people's opinions on your performance in your movie. You go out there, promote your film and hope people like the work you did.
20. There are none so deaf as those that will not hear.
21. Be Thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.
22. The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.
23. Gentlemen, you had my curiosity… but now you have my attention.
24. When you kill a king, you don’t stab him in the dark. You kill him where the entire court can watch him die.
25. Dreams feel real while we’re in them. It’s only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
26. Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.
27. Which would be worse – to live as a monster or to die as a good man.
28. Is it possible? Is it possible to improve on perfection?
29. I’m having a birthday party but you’re not invited, but you can come if you want.
30. If you can do what you do best and be happy, you're further along in life than most people.
31. I get a friend to travel with me... I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It's hard to be alone.
32. To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.
33. Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.
34. Only you and you alone can change your situation. Don’t blame it on anything or anyone.
35.I just really love doing what I do. I know every career is fleeting and there will be time periods when I don't get the opportunities that I'm getting right now, so I am taking advantage of them.
36. I don't think I ever expected anything like an Oscar ever, to tell you the truth. That is not my motivation when I do these roles. I really am motivated by being able to work with great people and create a body of work that I can look back and be proud of.
37. My mom, Irmelin, taught me the value of life. Her own life was saved by my grandmother during World War II.
38. I really don't know what I'm doing... I don't. It's terrible. I go in there and I learn how to be like the character and do the best I can, and that's all I really do.
39. I want to be a jerk like the rest of my friends, and have fun, and not care about the consequences, but I just can't now.
40. I've always been spontaneous and outgoing... I've tried lots of things so I've got some good life experiences, which is great 'cause it means I've got lots of material to work with as an actor.
41. The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you on your toes... It's not like any other job where you can go in and do the same thing as yesterday.
42. I grew up when I was 15 when I had my first opportunity in movies. I watched every great movie for a year and a half, and since then I've asked myself how I can emulate such artistry. That's really my motivation. I want to do something as good as my heroes have done.
43. Wrong connection will give you shock throughout your life.but the right one will light up your life.
44. Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.
45. I didn't know what types of movies I wanted to do. I want to do things that are different. I want to take my time with each role.
46. You jump, I jump, remember?
47. If you have done the very best you can. worrying won’t make it any better. if you want to be successful, respect one rule.
48. Thirty is a very good age for an actor: you can play both young and old men.
49. When a role for a young guy is being offered to me, I think of River Phoenix. It feels like a loss.
50. I'm the king of the world.
What's your favorite Leonardo DiCaprio quote?