Ever since Kate Winslet won all our hearts as dear Rose alongside Leonardo DiCaprio's Jack in Titanic, we have maintained a glorious fascination with the British star.
Today, the Academy Award winner is one of the most successful actresses on the planet. Yet, how much do you really know about her? Here are nine facts about Kate you (probably) didn't know.
1. Kate entered the acting world via a commercial for children's cereal
She was the star of the Sugar Puffs ad when she was just 11-years-old.
2. Acting is in her blood
Her dad Roger Winslet and mom Sally Bridges are actors, and her grandparents were theater managers!
3. After her first success in 'Heavenly Creatures' in 1994, she was told she would never be a big star
Many critics said that she would always be associated with that character and therefore probably wouldn't land other roles. Oh boy, how they were wrong!
4. She sent roses to director James Cameron
That's to ensure that he would cast her as Rose DeWitt Bukater in Titanic.
5. She open about a rather bizarre habit -- picking her feet!
In an Interview with Good Housekeeping magazine, she admitted:
"I'm a little bit obsessive about my feet. I pick at my feet. I'm sure that's what everyone wants to know!"
6. Kate was offered the role of Eowyn in 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' (2002)
She declined and it ended up going to Miranda Otto.
7. Her performance in 'Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind' (2004) is her personal favorite
Here's a scene from the movie:
8. Kate wrote a book called 'The Golden Hat: Talking Back to Autism'
It's intention was to raise awareness and support for autism.
9. Her three kids refer to Leonardo DiCaprio as 'Uncle Leo'
Ever since Titanic, they have remained incredibly close and their recent waltzes down the red carpet over the awards season proved just how little they aren't willing to let go. Here's a recap of all of their best moments over the last couple of months.