It's been years since the final Harry Potter film hit the big screens, yet our yearning for the Wizarding World continues to linger.
Although the three leads of the franchise: Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, have long moved on from the roles that brought them fame, we aren't quite willing to let them go. So, to feed your Pottermania, why not familiarize yourself with the following seven facts about your favorite magical trio:
1. When asked how they would spend their first pay-check, it was as if the trio responded in character
For starters, Emma channeled Hermione by coming up with a very responsible answer — she would stick it all in a bank until she was 21 years old. And while Daniel had absolutely no idea, Ron spoke like a true wizard by saying:
"We're gonna get paid Muggle money, and I don't really understand it."
That's right Rupert!
Watch the full interview clip below:
2. Dan, Emma and Rupert had to write autobiographical essays about their characters
The director of Prisoner Of Azkaban, Alfonso Cuarón, asked them to write first-person essays on their characters ahead of filming. In the spirit of Hermione, Emma wrote a 16 page essay, while Daniel penned a one-page one about The Boy Who Lived. Rupert, however, refused to hand it in altogether — probably just like Ron would have done!
3. These three changed laws regarding child labor in the UK
Not only did Harry Potter encourage people to read more, but the movie franchise actually led to stricter laws regarding children working in the industry. The first film in particular added a smaller number of working hours to the actors' contracts and ensured that on-set classes were more flexible.
4. Rupert Grint is a proud owner of an ice-cream truck
He'd rock up to the set with it and serve everyone ice-cream. Speaking about his purchase, he also once said:
"My first ambition was to become an ice-cream man, which is why I bought the Bedford van. [...] I keep my van well stocked. It’s got a proper machine that dispenses Mr Whippy ice cream and I buy my lollies wholesale so I never run short."
5. These days, Emma Watson is worth $60 million, Daniel Radcliffe is worth $110 million and Rupert Grint comes in at $51 million
Not bad for a bunch of people in their twenties!
6. Rupert gave Emma and Dan trumpets when the filming for 'Deathly Hallows' came to a close
Each one had a personal message engraved on it.
7. Rupert and Emma once revealed their favorite lines from the movies
While Rupert admitted it was any line with the word "bloody" in it, Emma's was:
“I’m going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed — or worse, expelled.”
Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?