Dark Souls 3 is close at hand. The highly anticipated conclusion to one of the most original and challenging IPs in recent years will be released for the XBOX One, PS4 and PC on April 12, worldwide. I for one can't wait to get my hands on the final release from Hidetaka Miyazaki and From Software where Souls is concerned.
But when the day comes and you finish that cinematic opening, what choices will you make following this introduction? Which class will be your go-to choice for tackling all of the horrid beasts that lie in your wake? Let's take a look at the results of a recent poll and what each class has to offer.
The Best & Most Popular Classes For Dark Souls 3
- Knight - "An obscure knight of poor renown who collapsed roaming the land. Sturdy, owing to high vitality and stout armor." Level: 9 Vigor: 12 Attunement: 10 Endurance: 11 Vitality: 15 Strength: 13 Dexterity: 12 Intelligence: 9 Faith: 9 Luck: 7. Statring Gear: Long Sword, Knight Shield, Knight Helm, Knight Armor, Knight Gauntlets, Knight Leggings.
- Mercenary - "A mercenary and veteran of the battlefield. High dexterity allows masterful wielding of dual scimitars." Level: 8 Vigor: 11 Attunement: 12 Endurance: 11 Vitality: 10 Strength: 10 Dexterity: 16 Intelligence: 10 Faith: 8 Luck: 9. Starting Gear: Sellsword Twinblades, Wooden Shield, Sellsword Helm, Sellsword Armor, Sellsword Gauntlet, Sellsword Trousers.
- Warrior - "Descendant of northern warriors famed for their brawn. Utilizes high strength to wield a heavy battleaxe." Level: 7 Vigor: 14 Attunement: 6 Endurance: 12 Vitality: 11 Strength: 16 Dexterity: 9 Intelligence: 8 Faith: 9 Luck: 11. Starting Gear: Battle Axe, Round Shield, Northern Helm, Northern Armor, Northern Gloves, Northern Trousers.
- Herald - "A former herald who journeyed to finish a quest undertaken. Wields a sturdy spear and employs a gentle restorative miracle." Level: 9 Vigor: 12 Attunement: 10 Endurance: 9 Vitality: 12 Strength: 12 Dexterity: 11 Intelligence: 8 Faith: 13 Luck: 11. Starting Gear: Spear, Kite Shield, Talisman, Herald Helm, Herald Armor, Herald Gloves, Herald Trousers.
- Thief - "A common thief and pitiful deserter. Wields a dagger intended for backstabs alongside a military-issue bow." Level: 5 Vigor: 10 Attunement: 11 Endurance: 10 Vitality: 9 Strength: 9 Dexterity: 13 Intelligence: 10 Faith: 8 Luck: 14. Starting Gear: Bandit Knife, Iron Round Shield, Short Bow, 30 Wood Arrows, Thief Mask, Deserter Armor, Deserter Trousers.
- Assassin - "An assassin who stalks their prey from the shadows. Favors sorceries in addition to thrusting swords." Level: 10 Vigor: 10 Attunement: 14 Endurance: 11 Vitality: 10 Strength: 10 Dexterity: 14 Intelligence: 11 Faith: 9 Luck: 10. Starting Gear: Estoc, Target Shield, Sorcerer’s Staff, Assassin’s Hood, Assassin’s Armor, Assassin’s Trousers, Spell "Spook".
- Sorcerer - "A loner who left formal academia to pursue further research. Commands soul sorceries using high intelligence." Level: 6 Vigor: 9 Attunement: 16 Endurance: 9 Vitality: 7 Strength: 7 Dexterity: 12 Intelligence: 16 Faith: 7 Luck: 12. Starting Gear: Mail Breaker, Leather Shield, Sorcerer’s Staff, Sorcerer’s Hood, Sorcerer’s Robe, Sorcerer’s Gloves, Sorcerer’s Trousers, Young Dragon Ring, Spell "Soul Arrow", Spell "Heavy Soul Arrow".
Pyromancer - "A pyromancer from a remote region who manipulates flame. Also an adept close combat warrior who wields a hand axe." Level: 8 Vigor: 11 Attunement: 12 Endurance: 10 Vitality: 8 Strength: 12 Dexterity: 9 Intelligence: 14 Faith: 14 Luck: 7. Starting Gear: Hand Axe, Caduceus Round Shield, Pyromancy Flame, Pyromancer Crown, Pyromancer Garb, Pyromancer Wrap, Pyromancer Trousers, Great Swamp Ring, "Fireball" Spell.
Cleric - "A travelling cleric who collapsed from exhaustion. Channels high faith to cast many and varied miracles." Level: 7 Vigor: 10 Attunement: 14 Endurance: 9 Vitality: 7 Strength: 12 Dexterity: 8 Intelligence: 7 Faith: 16 Luck: 13. Starting Gear: Mace, Cleric’s Sacred Chime, Cleric Blue Robe, Cleric Gloves, Cleric Trousers, "Heal" Miracle, "Force" Miracle.
Deprived - "Naked and of unknown origin. Either an unfathomable fool in life, or was stripped of possessions upon burial." Level: 1 Vigor: 10 Attunement: 10 Endurance: 10 Vitality: 10 Strength: 10 Dexterity: 10 Intelligence: 10 Faith: 10 Luck: 10. Starting Gear: Club, Plank Shield, Loincloth.
With all of these in mind, a lover of Dark Souls created a Straw Poll that asked players which class they wanted to play as in Dark Souls 3. You can cast your own vote here! And now for the results:
1. Knight (21%) 2. Deprived (17%) 3. Herald (11%) 4. Pyromancer (10%) 5. Warrior (9%) 6. Mercenary (9%) 7. Assassin (8%) 8. Thief (7%) 9. Sorcerer (5%) 10. Cleric (4%).
This should give you a decent insight into how people play the Souls games. Those who really enjoy a challenge have opted for the Deprived class straight away, while most are keen on keeping their defense up and proudly marching into a fight as a knight. Sorcery is generally quite low on the poll, however if you're a fan of magic, the Pyromancer seems to be a good way to go.
But which class will you pick on the release date of Dark Souls 3?