In this day and age, a little sapphic scintillation in film and on TV is now common place. However, it still fascinates and delights us to know what attractive Actress A thought about smooching gorgeous Actress B. So here is a list of 11 actresses who divulged all about their lady-loving lip locks.
1. Sarah Michelle Gellar's best kiss ever with Selma Blair in 'Cruel Intentions' (1999)
Sarah Michelle Gellar has never been shy about admitting that her Cruel Intentions kiss with Selma Blair was her favorite on-screen snog to date. The kiss has become synonymous with the movie, securing the Best Kiss Award at the 2000 MTV Movie Awards. While accepting the award, Gellar said:
"My mother's going to be so proud right now, I just want to thank Selma for my most rewarding on-screen kiss ever."
To which Blair responded:
"I guess I should just thank Sarah for all those hours of practice."
2. Kristen Stewart on kissing (an underage) Dakota Fanning In 'The Runways' (2010)
"Well, she is 15 and I wasn't allowed to grope her! I'm actually not kidding, like there are major restrictions, that I don't remember when I was younger... But it's very innocent in the movie."
3. Natalie Portman found her steamy love scene with Mila Kunis In 'Black Swan' (2010) a little awkward
“It was pretty awkward. I almost feel like it would be easier to do it with someone you didn’t know, but, having said that, it was great to have a friend there who, we could laugh and make jokes and get over it together.”
4. Amanda Seyfried on getting it on with Megan Fox In 'Jennifer's Body' (2009)
"Jennifer's Body is my favorite movie that I've done. It was overlooked in theatres, but it does have a DVD following. I can't believe nobody wanted to see Megan Fox and me hitting it. They had an extreme close-up of our tongues, and I'm telling you, the thing about the scene is that it's actually really sexy."
5. Rashida Jones on giving Zooey Deschanel a post-kiss nickname after 'Our Idiot Brother' (2012)
“I would just call her ‘Softy.’ She’s soft… very soft.”
6. Scarlett Johansson on the chemistry between her and Penelope Cruz (and Javier Baredem, if we must) in 'Vicky Christina Barcelona' (2008)
I think there’s a lot of chemistry between the characters and all of us as actors and that’s where the steaminess comes from, because it’s not really explicit, I mean people kissing, and you even said by the rating, I mean nothing is like crazy about it, but it, you know because there’s such a chemistry between the characters and you’re really invested in them and it’s such a turn it’s like whoa, wait a minute, like I thought that this wasn’t going to work out but it’s seemingly, and even my character’s kind of surprised by it herself, it’s sort of, you know…
7. Piper Perabo on Jessica Pare's minty fresh breath in 'Lost And Delirious' (2001)
Uh...The kiss? She's, you know, quite good looking. [jokes] She brushes her teeth.
8. Evan Rachel Wood on how awesome Jane Krakowski is in 'Pretty Persuasion' (2005)
Jane Krakowski, when she had to take her shirt off, made the whole crew shoot the scene with no shirts on, and also made the entire crew fake an orgasm before she had to. It's all on tape. [laughs] That was a fun night. So yeah, that's just kind of how it was.
9. Jordana Brewster and Sara Foster got boozy for 'D.E.B.S' (2004)
JORDANA: We had a couple wine coolers. Whether it's a guy or a girl, it's just always weird. I think it's not awkward necessarily with the actor you're working with, it's awkward in terms of like the DP, the AD, the makeup artist, the hair person, the boom person...everybody's watching you kiss.
SARA: [to Jordana] You were a good kisser.
JORDANA: [to Sara] Thanks.
10. Adèle Exarchopoulos and Léa Seydoux on THAT 10 minute long sex scene in 'Blue Is The Warmest Color' (2013)
After the walk-by, it’s the first scene that we really shot together, so it was, “Hello!” But after that, we made lots of different sex scenes. And he wanted the sexuality to evolve over the course of the film as well, so that she’s learning at the beginning, and then becomes more and more comfortable. It’s really a film about sexual passion—about skin, and about flesh, because Kechiche shot very close-up. You get the sense that they want to eat each other, to devour each other.
11. Neve Campbell on her journal entry about making out with Denise Richards In 'Wild Things' (1998)
The Wild Things pool scene is arguably the hottest girl-on-girl moment in film to date. Speaking to Rolling Stone, Neve Campbell said she wrote a diary entry before shooting the scene, which roughy read:
"Ok, I'm gonna make out with a girl for the first time in my life. It's so interesting that a lot of times you learn things about yourself and have new experiences when shooting a scene, because they're things you wouldn't normally do in your life."
"I got to kiss Denise in the film, It was fun. We just sorta went in and did it... Actually, we mixed margaritas and brought a bottle of wine in my trailer and got drunk first."